For Sale Kona Muni-Mula 18" frame + Duke forks & a few bits.

jimbo-xc

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
1997 or 98 Kona Muni-Mula 18" aluminium frame in good straight condition with some good paint & decals but some not so good/missing.
Fitted a pair of Rock Shox Duke C 80 mm air forks with 190 mm steerer. Working ok but not serviced for ages. Originally red but resprayed silver & a bit scratched.
With 400mm 27.0 seatpost, set of no-name v brakes, not very good M569 cranks on smooth running bb, Orbit XL2 cartridge bearing headset & nice WTB stem.
Nice little project I reckon.
£85 posted.
£70 collected from Exmouth or Exeter area.

Attachments

• P1010022 (3).JPG
    P1010022 (3).JPG
    318.1 KB · Views: 64
  • P1010023 (4).JPG
    P1010023 (4).JPG
    383.6 KB · Views: 64
  • P1010026 (1).JPG
    P1010026 (1).JPG
    270 KB · Views: 65
Hi! Back in 2019 you had a Diamondback Axis for sale. I am sure you sold it but do you have any idea who you sold it to? I had that EXACT bike once and I would love to buy one again. I would have no problem if you passed my info on to the current owner.

No record of who I sold it to but I do have another one! It is not quite as original but I'll take a few pics & pm you.

Thanks! I am OK with a frame only. I'm specifically looking for an 18" Axis from 94-96. That black one was my dream because it was the exact colour scheme that I owned back in the 90's. Mine was a full rigid and I really miss that bike !

It is a 1994 18". There are no dents. Decals are not perfect but decent for age. I would need to swap the Flite over - I have about 8 Flites & never let them go. Could substitute a titanium rail WTB in red with black kevlar edges. The USE seatpost & Salsa q/r could stay.
Shifters, brakes, hubs are M563 LX with M737 XT cranks & mechs, M747 pedals, UN73 bb. Forks are 1998 manufacture Manitou SX-E & they work surprisingly well. The rear wheel is a skinny DX hub on a X317 rim presently as the wheel to match the front black LX hub & Mavic M400 rim needs a couple of spokes fitting but I don't have any the right length at present.
I'm in Devon so could you collect it? It didn't go well last time I posted a whole bike. Will put some thought into price.

The issue is that I live in Canada so local pick up isn't an option for me. I don't mind about the seat at all and to be honest you could keep any of the parts that aren't original and sent me the incomplete bike with the parts that are or just the frame and I will source out the parts as I build it back up. It is probably cheapest just to ship it as a frame. Please please please consider it, I have been looking for this exact bike for years and I can't seem to find one locally. My address is 2864 Vivian Road, Stouffville, Ontario L4A2M2. I would take the whole bike but if it is hard to pack and ship then I truly would appreciate the frame. Again, PLEASE consider it, you would be doing an "old" bike guy a huge favour. Thanks again,

Pete

Canada! I didn't see that coming! I could check the cost of surface mail for the frame only. Won't be cheap I don't suppose & we haven't talked about a price for the frame yet. I'll get back to you when I've done my research.
Jim.

Back