Kona Manomano 1997

Re:

Laughing at the Cog feature - good but Peaty was off Kona waaayy before 96 when he was on MBUK/GT and hadn't raced a Kona since 94

Yep, I know that. Perhaps I should have said "...had tasted...".

In case you hadn't seen him, could you ask him for a SN for Pip's list? ;)

Last edited:
Re:

Me and the beast this morning :mrgreen:

k3JhdT.jpg

Re: 1997 Kona Manomano

Came across this Forum after picking up a 1997 Kona Manomano

Attachments

• F7E09D80-9C93-46E0-9C20-24ED30530C07.jpeg
    F7E09D80-9C93-46E0-9C20-24ED30530C07.jpeg
    208.6 KB · Views: 219
Re:

Just read all 7 pages of this :D , have you still got your Manomano?
Just putting my ‘97 together, your build made for interesting reading and has given me a few ideas.

Re: Re:

jimo746":s56wsrnn said:
Just read all 7 pages of this :D , have you still got your Manomano?
Just putting my ‘97 together, your build made for interesting reading and has given me a few ideas.

I certainly do. She's a bit of a monster compared to the whippet hard-tails but she's as fun to ride.

gZtgRo.jpg

Re:

Ha! Cool, good to see it gets let loose on the trails still :D
Kona state 26.9lbs bike weight in the catalogue (no idea what size frame) which really isn't bad for a 1990's full-suspension Mtb, its only a couple of pounds more than my Orange Prestige!

Re: Re:

jimo746":dsadkrl1 said:
Ha! Cool, good to see it gets let loose on the trails still :D
Kona state 26.9lbs bike weight in the catalogue (no idea what size frame) which really isn't bad for a 1990's full-suspension Mtb, its only a couple of pounds more than my Orange Prestige!

I can tell you it's more than that. Admittedly my hard-tails are light and my one is 20" but in it's current guise it's got to be closer to 29/30lbs.

A long overdue blast on Red 5 whilst Bee is having a service. I've gone back to flat bars and a longer stem, and all the better for it. She is flexy but she pedals well considering. I used to find her too long at 20" but after riding 29er for a year, she's a great fit. I found myself much more comfortable on the knarly rocks around here, and adding a bit more rebound on the Z1s helped firm the nose and stop it from wallowing.

mMjv4d.jpg

There's life in the old girl yet! I forgot I fitted fresh Smoke and Darts last year and they've helped too. So much grip on the loose stuff.

Back