Kona King Kahuna/Explosif/Kilauea new prices

Agree with Wadsy...though I know I'm the one selling the frame...but if I didn't have another one in 17" (my often used SS) then I wouldn't sell this one. Haven't tried an On One either but I have heard good things about their steel frames.

800 notes is not bad really, the same money as an On-One Ti 456 and just over half the price of a new Marin Ti

but alas a few hundred more than i will ever have for a frame !!

Its nice to see a discussion around the HeiHei King - my brother and I are fortunate enough to have matching 19" 'King's' each and they are the perfect fit for our 6' heights.

Its not just a flagship Kona, from when Konas were Konas, but a genuinely fantastic ride and better geometry and ride to my Merlin XLM.
I would quite like to add a Kona Score to the collection (ti singlespeed frame), but I'm curious to get a standard HeiHei to see what that is like too. Of course the ultimate bike would feature a pair of Ti Project 2 forks - rarer than hen's teeth and I wish I'd bought a pair of these back in the day.

As a regular rider of a HeiHei King - I can genuinely say if I didn't already have one I would happily pay £800 for a mint frame as they really are that satisfying to ride and own.

I'll just add as a Score owner, that I prefer the KK as my singlespeed. I think the Score, being a beefy freeride hardtail is more suited to gears as it makes it more versatile. A freeride bike should be usable in versatile terrain. Just my opinion however, and I could see the fun in having my Score as an SS.

If you like to race or want a proper racing feel though, the KK is better suited as the geared bike. My friend has a HH. Nice bike, just more flex in the rear triangle.

Hi,
I'm 182cm. (almost 6') and my KKK is a 20". Perfect fit with a shorter stem (120mm.)
It is the BIKE. The RIDE. Once on the track, your smile will make you forget the notes... I cannot remember how much did I pay for mine...
Cheers,
Chus

When I figure out prices, I will also be selling XTR integrated levers in excellent condition, a Bonty ti bar, a slightly used CK 1 1/8 gripnut headset, a slightly used Salsa 30.6 seatclamp in red, and possibly a few other goodies like Velocity stem, XTR 170mm cranks, Joe Murray combo cage etc.

I also have 2 new quill stems, 1 1/8", 25.4, 90mm, 110 degree unopened in packages. One is a Mounty Special in black for £20 shipped and the other is a Kalloy Uno in silver for £15 shipped.

hi there,

is the explosif still there? and if yes, how much would you like to have for it...

CU, Ladis

Someone else is giving me an answer very soon if they will buy. Will post here if they don't. Price is 250 for the frameset as stated in the original post.

Back