Kona Kilauea 1997 - now living in Germany

Re: Kona Kilauea 1997 - experiment time

That's a nice frame, looking forward to seeing it finished.

I'm thinking about swapping out my 16" 1998 Hanna Frame for one of these or a 97 Caldera in Molotov Red if I can find one in 16" or 17".

You do know how rare the 97 Caldera is right? Mega, mega rare. mrdryskull found one, and as far as the internet goes, only one:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=307959&hilit=caldera

So good luck finding it in red ;-)

5 days till shipment day then the endless F9 refreshes on FedEx's tracking page :LOL:

Re:

Oops, being fairly new to retrobike I didn't know that.

Oh well, they do exist and I'm a patient man. Probably look for a 98 instead then.

It's on it's way, 2 days early but I reckon the snow might have an impact! Mind you it's gone from MA to NJ to IN :LOL:

In other news a doner bike fell through but I've found another one. Fingers crossed (cause their prices is waaaay too high).

Looks good. The higher end Konas seem thin on the ground at the moment, always the same when you're looking. Will be interesting to hear if there's any noticeable ride difference between the Cyber and Max tubing.

Personally, never liked the look of Maguras especially on skinny frames.

Skynet":1kdus093 said:
Looks good. The higher end Konas seem thin on the ground at the moment, always the same when you're looking. Will be interesting to hear if there's any noticeable ride difference between the Cyber and Max tubing.

Personally, never liked the look of Maguras especially on skinny frames.

I've decided on running V's and not fudging it. One day I'll try Magura's but this isn't the build. You are right about the higher end Kona's; I think we're all hoarding them ;)

paulswheels":1kdus093 said:
Will keep tuning in on this. You must be thrilled on it.

Excited for sure. It's like the Kapu adventure although not quite as nerve-racking.

The suspense is killing me on this beauty

Is it weird that I'd like the tracking number also so I can see its safe?

(Joke) :)

I'm pleased to say she's made it to our shores. But apparently she's in transit already from Stansted. I'll believe it when I get a ring at the doorbell!

Re:

Glad to hear the over the pond part is over.
Once built, interested if you feel it is more lively than an Explosif which is what I feel on mine.

Back