Kona Hei Hei 1994 build thread

Unfortunately it’s not one that interests me. In an ideal world I’d like a 19 inch version of this Hei Hei , or a 97 KK maybe.

Need to scratch the rigid kona itch now I’ve started.
No problem mate totally understand,it's an itch everyone has to do in my opinion and what better way to do it with the Hei Hei but that itch won't mean you'll ignore the Explosif or Kilauea lol in a years time you'll have a Kona collection like mine 🤣
Welcome to Konas 🙂

No problem mate totally understand,it's an itch everyone has to do in my opinion and what better way to do it with the Hei Hei but that itch won't mean you'll ignore the Explosif or Kilauea lol in a years time you'll have a Kona collection like mine 🤣
Welcome to Konas 🙂
I regret selling a white Kilauea I had a bit back. I’ve had a very earlier (92?) black Explosif before too. But neither stayed. I’d keep a HOT if I come across one though

Wheels …..

I have the choice of two options and would like some opinions. Both are M900 hubs.

Option 1 - Ritchey Vantage pro in grey. No wear at all so rims are completely grey and nice.

Option 2 - Mavic 230TIB

Option 2 wheelset have purple nipples so these will need changing for silver if going on the Hei Hei. They can stay purple if they are going on the bike I would steal the vantages from though.

Which wheels would look the best ?

I'd go with the grey, dark rims with tan wall tyres always looks good, especially against naked titanium. Just my opinion.
Added bonus of not having to faff around swapping nipples, which while not particularly difficult is time consuming. :)

I'd go with the grey, dark rims with tan wall tyres always looks good, especially against naked titanium. Just my opinion.
Added bonus of not having to faff around swapping nipples, which while not particularly difficult is time consuming. :)

I’m torn. Usually I’d have grey rims on a Ti frame. However the 230TIb have a nice colour to them that could match nicely.

Other niggle is that I think the vantage are slightly earlier 92/93?

Latest posts

Back