Kona Fire Mountain Shock...recent rebuild and paint!

Bryncrug72":3a91oro3 said:
I believe there are help groups out there for the medical condition "weightweeniestmustlosemoreus" and is treatable by buying some old school steel ! :D
this condition if not treated can lead to "drilliumimsureicanlosemoreweight" ! :D

on a more serious note, I really like the look of the bike and especially those forks !

haha i'm not obsessed.....much! not to the point where i will trade in the frame or anything - i like how it looks, and i'll be really chuffed when i can get some decals from Gil eventually.

Cheers for the comment though!

superstu / wd - those pedals do look a bit great....i wonder if i can get anodised pins for them....hmm

i'm not sure what my Wellgos weigh, or if those NP's are even light for a set of flats?

cheers for the comments though chaps :)

wellgos come in at 512g a pair (claimed) - the claimed weight of the nukes is 338g....potential 174g shave.

come on pay day!

well payday came and went and all i could afford were some lighter anodised bottle bolts lol

it all helps but this is seriously ridiculous. i'm watching a few lighter flats on ebay but also trying to weigh up trying my hand at street and trials. i think this build needs finishing first.

anyone got any recomendations on wheels? i'd be after rims that can run a vee with hubs that can run a disc - keeping my options open - and i'm after very light!

my current weights:
f 870g
r 1125g (8/9 speed compatible)
total 1,995g

i'm happier to have miss-matched stuff, and i'd like anodised parts, gold or red but i'm open so if you have anything suitable then let me know.

cheers

Another pathetic update lol but funds are running low so not a lot of movement.

I've just swapped out my 4 bottle cage bolts with anodised aluminium variety. 2 of which are KCMC and the other 2 are a no name brand from eBay.

Old bolts 12g
New bolts 5g

Doesn't sound a lot, but replacing all the bolts on the bike would probably give a decent saving, albeit costing me ridiculous sums of money lol

I think i'll focus on pedals, bottom bracket and wheels lol

on the lookout for a light bottome bracket if anyone sees this and has one lying around. sub 200g if possible, although if nothing turns up i'd consider a un72 at about 240g

68mm shell, english, 108/110mm axle

cheers all

Well all that weight saving was a bit fruitless.....
20140208_084307_zpsupm0k3dr.jpg

+ one 3 year old lol

Anyone know what cranks these are? Model etc?
20140208_085448_zpswclnurot.jpg

Back