Kona explosif

Kona

I've had a lot of 16 Kona's and this is smaller than that, looking at the seat/top tube centre height verses the rear wheel height, not as small as a 14 more like 15. Splitting would net you mor cash I feel. It's my size so may be interested if I can shift another bike or two ;)

We're not supposed to discuss prices on this forum, so I'll just note that you're approaching 2,000 views of this excellent bike and it's still for sale, and leave it at that.

I hope it will also be helpful to clarify a few points:

a. it is, as has been said, a 1992 size 16 Explosif.
b. that means its basic dimensions should be seat tube (itself) 40.5cm, seat tube (c-t) 42.5cm, top tube (c-c) 53cm, head tube 11cm. I think the Velocity length was 11cm, but I'd be grateful for confirmation.
c. i.e., the size 16 at that time was a mixture of size 16 and 17 dimensions compared to later years - like a later 17, but shorter in the top tube.
d. the frame is made of Tange Prestige Concept, arguably the best tubeset available in its day - double-butted, heat-treated, tapered - and ovalised and should be quite light in this smallest size
e. it should be suitable for riders up to 5-6 in height
f. the frame is not suspension-adjusted, so it will handle best with its original 39cm a-c Project 2

Basically it's a very good bike, a bit of a pocket rocket for the right size of rider.

Uploaded another 7 pics that I had on my laptop but will try to take some more this weekend

The bike is in Farnborough Hampshire but might be able to bring it to Cambridge during the week if that helps anyone

Back