Kona experts! Is this Hei Hei legit?

The stays indicate a TST made frame as I mentioned above, not necessarily a Kona frame. They made similar frames for many manufacturers, the first letter or letters of the serial number indicate which manufacturer the frame was made for. Some people do not like to give out the whole serial, all you need is the first part which they are happy to give as that is generic and not the run number at the end.

The decals look fine to me, though you never know these days and for that money it is silly not to check or ask for the serial to confirm the actual brand.

The stays indicate a TST made frame as I mentioned above, not necessarily a Kona frame. They made similar frames for many manufacturers, the first letter or letters of the serial number indicate which manufacturer the frame was made for. Some people do not like to give out the whole serial, all you need is the first part which they are happy to give as that is generic and not the run number at the end.

The decals look fine to me, though you never know these days and for that money it is silly not to check or ask for the serial to confirm the actual brand.
OK, I've reached out to the seller. Let's see what happens!

Did you get a response?
He said he'd share the number with me if I didn't make it public, but then went quiet when I said I am in Australia. Since then it's been relisted at a slightly lower price but it's still too much with shipping to Aus added on.

A SN will confirm it 100% but it's almost certainly a 98 or 99 HH.

Price, in my view, is £150-250 too high, but the market will decide as it always does.

The fact he doesn't post the serial with a picture makes this dodgy.
I don't know a Hei Hei from a Ho Ho and I doubt forgeries are common in the retro bike buissness but it's still weird.

Back