Kona experts! Is this Hei Hei legit?

moonlite

Kona Fan
I've been looking at this for a week or so and trying to work out from the details whether it's the real deal. Seems quite good to me, but there's no pic of the serial number. What thoughts, brains trust?

And if it is real, is that price a tad high?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Looks legit to me, possibly a 1997 or 1998 frame with later decals by the looks of things.

Price wise Kona Ti frames are a bit subjective. In my mind you can still find them for £400 or less but I keep telling myself that it isn't 2010 anymore! Depends on how much you want it at the end of the day, I guess :)

Looks good to me- where the stays meet the drop-outs is always distinctive on these...I'm no expert though!

Certainly a TST built frame, the serial will tell whether it is a Kona or not.

Price is always subjective, a Kona Ti in a common size will sell at around £750 quite easily, so yes, on the high side but not stupid high like some bikes these days.

I agree with the comments on the price -- a bit on the high side! But it's in a larger size which may not come around again for some time.

Price is always subjective. It's on eBay so getting lots of exposure too.

The bullets at the welds on the stays/dropouts and the triangle waterjet cut outs at the dropouts look good to me. I have a 94' and am a complete Kona ameteur so take my opinion for what it's worth to you. Have you attempted to reach out and get a picture of the serial number? A picture of the SN will be immediate if real or fake or whatever.

Price is always subjective. It's on eBay so getting lots of exposure too.

The bullets at the welds on the stays/dropouts and the triangle waterjet cut outs at the dropouts look good to me. I have a 94'. Have you attempted to reach out and get a picture of the serial number?
Hi -- that's all good corroboration. But no, I haven't reached out to the seller . . . I'm trying to find reasons not to go for it . . .

Hi -- that's all good corroboration. But no, I haven't reached out to the seller . . . I'm trying to find reasons not to go for it . . .
Even if this were a fake frame with stickers, you still have a ton of protections buying through eBay so the upfront risk isn't too stressful as a buyer. Meaning, if the seller refuses to take a picture or simply never responds to your inquiry, you are safe to buy then initiate a return if needed. Inconvenient of course, but pulling the frame out of the box and looking at the stamping on the bottom bracket housing takes only a moment.

Make sure you start a build thread if it all works out!

Back