Kona doesn't give out paint codes, wtf???

riskllama

Kona Fan
was hoping to get some touch up paint or at the very least, a paint code from the good folks over there @ Konaworld but alas, no dice - apparently they don't sell touch up paint(which didn't really surprise me, tbh) but was kind of shocked when I was told that they do not give out paint codes. I realize this forum isn't really the place to be looking for paint touch ups on a 2013 Explosif, but am hoping someone on here could maybe direct me to a more appropriate forum/site? any help would be much appreciated.

llama

Your best bet is to go to an automotive paint supplyier who will either match by eye or uv scan it.

lol, yeah - kinda what I was figuring. kind of a pain in the arse for a fella living out on Haida Gwaii, tho. I am planning a trip to the mainland for Sept.-Oct., so I guess I could bring the beast w/me then. never flown w/a bike before - sounds like a hassle-free experience, amirite?

Another option is to buy a RAL colour chart and see if you can match the colour from that. I think you can also get RAL apps on your phone but guess there is a lot of variables with using those such as lighting, camera quality etc..

Personally never heard of the big manufacturers giving out paint codes, maybe some touch up paint if you were really lucky, so no big surprise.

nail varnish has been the touch paint of choice by millions. standing in the local chemists, frame in hand wondering if its "shag me rouge" or "post apocalyptic pink" is still one of lives great talking points. :) explaining why you've got nail varnish and clear coat in your tool box when "the boys" are around is the other. :)

excellent idea. however, I live on an island w/a population of less than 10 000 people. hence, no dedicated drug/cosmetics store - I assume i could grab some @ the pharmacy in the hospital, but very much doubt they'd have something that would match the "raw steel" finish on my Explosif. that being said, I will go have a look, tho.

yeah, no grey. closest they had was some silver w/glitter in it...*shrugs*. just going to buzz off the the really rusty bits and slap some clear coat on them until I can deal w/it properly, I guess.

Paint codes are for a small number of standard colours. Most products like cars, bikes etc don't use standard colours.

Latest posts

Back