KONA A singlespeed full suspension bike

vt612

Dirt Disciple
Kona A single speed custom built 26" Mountain Bike

The measurement from the centre of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube (where the clamp is, not where it meets the top tube) is 18". I don't know what that makes it in Kona language (16"?) but I am 5'10" and suits fine.

I picked up the frame in a bit of a state, removed all the parts from it and fitted new or good condition used parts from my parts bin.

Cables and brake pads are new.

The rear shock has been completely stripped and rebuilt by a Fox service using new seals and oil. The lockout works.

I also replaced every bearing in the frame including the big ones around the bottom bracket housing.

The rear wheel is brand new, hand built by track cycling world champion Adey Dent.

Spec as follows

Forks: marzocchi bomber Z3 QR20
Rear shock: Fox Vanilla RL (lockout)
Front wheel: marzocchi hub & Mavic rim
Rear wheel: bontrager single speed hub & Alex rim
Tyres: schwalbe nobby nic & fat Albert
Headset: unbranded cartridge bearing unit (new)
Seat post clamp: hope
Seat post: system X (new)
Saddle: bodyfit (new)
Chainset: Race Face with 32T ring and bash guard (new shimano chainring)
Sprocket: Gusset 16T
Bottom bracket: shimano external (new)
Lock-on grips (new)

Bad points: A previous owner sanded down the paint on the top tube in a few places (I've yet to work out why) so I covered it up with black electrical tape. I was going to paint it but never got around to doing it. It is not cracked or anything.

The front wheel could do with a true&tension. It goes round without touching the brake pads but not perfect.

The reason for selling it is that I have way too many bikes and no time to ride them, also this one is not child seat compatible, and I am at a point in my life when it is an important aspect. I am genuinely sad to see it go but I'm sure the new owner will appreciate it as much as I do.

I am based in the North East, collection from Newton Aycliffe or Catterick Garrison preferred although I can pack it up and send it via UPS.

looking for £200 plus postage

https://photos.app.goo.gl/dKC1WyLeqpaPwKEeA

These are ridiculously good fun, and that's a great price!

I've had a two, a Mk1 like this (stolen) and a Mk2 disc version (snapped), that one you have there is an 18inch in Kona speak.

Someone please buy it so I don't...

chodjinn":1k74m611 said:
Got any pics? I am interested in the single speed conversion as I want to do that to my turner rail

link to the pics in the original post

it is not a conversion, the frame is SS specific with sliding dropouts and the main pivot point around the bottom bracket so there is no chainstay "growth". So you don't need a chain tensioner etc.

Back