KONA '98 and '99 Explosifs for sale...

Jonny46

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

PRICES REDUCED

I have very reluctantly decided to sell my two Explosifs as I never use them....and doubt that I ever will in reality.
The first is a 17" '99 in fair/Good condition depending on your view. Although cosmetically a little challenged it is a damage free and straight frame. The components are a mix of all sorts that have kept on the streets as a commuter bike for years...It could do with some love or be a perfect trail bike that you aren't scared to use.... The rims are Mavic XC717 on XT hubs, Chainset is LX, A XT rear mech, LX front, DEORE levers and XT shifters, Avid V's, BOMBER Z2's EASTON seat post and SYNCROS bars and stem.
I want £300 for it.

The second is my 18" '98...which I love....but I feel that it is too good for me to use on trails and has just sat around for so long that I'm sure somebody else will appreciate it more than I do. It is in excellent condition with a few small light cosmetic marks. The spec is pretty much as it left the factory apart from a THOMSON seat post and stem and a Chris KING patriot headset. It truly is a gorgeous bike and I will be very sad to see it go...I have the owners manual for the bike and forks too.
For this one I want £400

Both bikes are located in Nuneaton, Warwickshire. Postage may be an option but cash on collection is the preferred option by far due to time constraints packaging etc...
If you have any questions or require more images please don't hesitate to contact me.

Hi, they're lovely bikes so good luck with the sale. The years are the wrong way round though, the top is a 99 and the bottom is a 98, sorry for being pedantic!

markwashington":trptlu1r said:
Hi, they're lovely bikes so good luck with the sale. The years are the wrong way round though, the top is a 99 and the bottom is a 98, sorry for being pedantic!

Sorted...Thanks buddy. It was obviously due to the tears in my eyes whilst writing the ad :oops:

Re:

I'm a little surprised at the lack of interest....are they too expensive...not described well enough or are they not as desirable to the masses as they are to me?
If anyone would care to give me a little feedback I'd appreciate it.

Nice bikes. Have owned in the past. Last build is smart.

Most of us have lack of funds this time of year...(well not strictly true as there are always funds when looking for unicorns)

Hold out or reduce/ part out if you're in a hurry to sell.

That 98 is a great example - the last proper good Explosif IMO. Prices are just not what they once were, so anything north of £300 would be good. GLWTS.

My wife has just said no to the '98 for our boy :(

I've got the same but it's painted orange, would she notice it pass through the house?

Good luck, just to note parting it out, although ball ache would see you more than acheive your target.

Couple of those frames have gone £160+ recently including eBay.

If my position changes before they sell, I'll be back :)

Matt

Back