Koga-Miyata's flagship randonneur frame: the RandonneurExtra

Elev12k

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Offering 1992 Koga-Miyata RandonneurExtra frame

Koga is well known for their excellent randonneur frames. This RandonneurExtra was their flagship randonneur frame back in 1992. The frame shows flawless Japanese build quality with neat transitions and a durable 7 step coat with deep gloss. Fork and tail are chromed and partially left naked (bare chrome ;) ). Colours: An imo very lush golden/bronze icw a black gloss with tiny glitter particles. The advanced Miyata Hardtlite FM-1 triple butted Spiral Spline tubing was drawn at Miyatas own(!) tubing mill. Dropouts are from Shimano and the frames comes with braze ons for racks, low rider, fenders, seat stay mounted lock, generator and so on.

The RandonneurExtra is intended for making serious journeys to the most remote locations possible. It is stable under heavy loads, also on high speed decents. It is durable and is supposed to be easy repairable everywhere. The frame is as light as it could possibly be without doing consessions to everything mentioned before. The RandonneurExtra is not the fashion item or object for individual expression like some other randonneurs are in the 1st place imo. Nevertheless it still looks very handsome too.

Features:
- Miyata FM-1 triple butted Spiral Spline
- Shimano dropouts
- 7 step coating
- partially chromed
- braze ons for racks, low riders, fender, generator
- internal cable routing
- Seattube 50cm c-t
- Toptube 540mm
- Rear spacing 130mm

Condition:
Used, but very nice and good. Paint with beautifull gloss. A few chips: one on lower ht lug and a couple rear stays near the dropout (nothing that can't be touched up easily). Structurally 100% sound. Ready for many many enjoyable miles.

Comes with:
- Ultegra 600 dt shifters
- wiring for lights

Looking for 240 GBP shipped --> price drop: 225 GBP shipped now *SOLD*

Pictures >>

4923397239_fa9fefa26f_b.jpg

4923999098_0be64c7461_b.jpg

4923996456_d6cd6a9c05.jpg
4923400529_ec96a39142.jpg

4923997598_82c4eafba6.jpg
4923403097_01d761289c.jpg

4923994770_9968a87a25_z.jpg

Frames rarely move me to superlatives these days....but that really is lovely. Probably the best looking "touring" frame I've ever seen.

Makes the expensive offerings from a well known shop in Somerset look silly.

Thank goodness too small for me.

Sorry, it won't grow. Maybe you shrink?

Thanks for the kind words both :)

Reworked offer. Same superb randonneur frame, lower price: 225 GBP shipped

klappkettler":2jfrhkbg said:
just curious:)
do you know the frame/ fork weight and the angle of the headtube?
chhers christof

I do not have a scale, but I have frames in my hand everyday and given the purpose this frame is for it is absolutely a light frame. The frame is made of quality stuff.

The Koga catalogue mentions 16.5kg for the full bike ...and that is including racks front and rear, low riders, fenders, lights, kick stand, lock and so on.

That same catalogue mentions 70.5 for head angle

Worldtraveller

Hello

i would like to know iff the frame was sold already.
I'm looking for a size 50 koga worldtraveller frame.

Greathings
Luc

Back