Klein USA Flag Error 1990 Attitude Dolomite

Re:

hollister":24f6e4fh said:
the stars can be on either the left or the right, there is no backwards to the American flag(in the context of this thread.I suppose you could hang one backwards..)

the union should always be towards the flag pole, or into the wind.

even a lot of Americans get confused about this when we see flag patches on the right shoulders of uniforms

This is not really true. Yes you can look at a flag from behind but you are not observing it's correct orientation. If that were the case the national flags of Ireland and Ivory Coast would be the same, which they are not. A national flag is to be correctly observed with flagstaff or mast to the left of the pennant.
Regarding your reference to military uniforms: I don't know about uniforms but i do know that the national colours on the vertical tail fin of British RAF aeroplanes (and possibly other countries?) are reversed on the right side. This is because the graphic is supposed to symbolize a real flag flying at the stern of the aircraft, deliberately done to mimmick the effect seen on the stern of a Royal Navy ship flying a real cloth flag. Left view of the aeroplane fuselage is correct orientation, right view is the reverse. It might be that some uniforms mimmick this too but i'm not sure about that.

Re: Re:

RadNomad":378e6ggt said:
hollister":378e6ggt said:
the stars can be on either the left or the right, there is no backwards to the American flag(in the context of this thread.I suppose you could hang one backwards..)

the union should always be towards the flag pole, or into the wind.

even a lot of Americans get confused about this when we see flag patches on the right shoulders of uniforms

This is not really true.
notice the qualifier

I make no claims about any other flags

Back