klein repainted buy Jon rock

I never said and there were never 'multiple runs in the paint' are you thick?

jon whilst being a member of this forum you also benefit from it in the same way say argos, bob jackson etc in that you provide a business service and similar to those companies who benefit from members cash when mistakes are made we normally share info to make others aware..of interest also and more importantly is how any company acts when repairs/faults occur

Well thanks for explaining how the forum works...:roll:

Most of the time when a commercial provider lets members down we seem to be very open about passing on opinions and observations for discussion..I would hope we never get into a situation that some suppliers have cosied up to the point where we are not allowed to discuss these exspensive errors when they happen

Wow again such a wealth of knowledge you are passing on!...:roll:

As i said Jon..your pr on this matter did you no favours

Why did something bad happen because of bad pr?:roll:

J

SF Klein":xngz2ggx said:
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176816

the difference is ishaw sent of something to be repaired

jack71 bought a 2nd hand frame - resprayed yes but not listed as new or perfect (nor sold as such)*

Hell I've had 2 frames back from being refinished in the last 2 years that were not "perfect"(perfection is almost unachievable on a normal persons budget IMHO anyway) moot as i chipped the fork dropouts on one of them putting the wheel in on the stumpy frame
:oops:

I know neither Jonrock not |Jack71. Given whats been said and done yes ok Jonrock could have done more - though to be honest i don't think anything would have been good enough. its massively outweighed by jack71's several threads "highlighting" issues, the fact he complained on here after it's nowt to do with the forum and then went on to sell the frame wiht out - rectifying the issues, highlighting said issues at all and copying and pasting the original ad and pictures with no permission.

as an aside when my missus bought her Astra coupe new 8 years ago it turned up at the dealership with 4 or 5 small imperfections - it's impossible once something is finished to not have things happen unless you put it in a bubble and stop time!

sylus":3452hqcq said:
Personally wether the buyer was an ass wasn't the issue

Well, that's wrong isn't it, because it takes two and he was an idiot. The way he handled his issue (which was genuine) was hopeless. The fact he's sold it on without mentioning any of the issues he had, using the same pictures there-by indicating no remedial work was undertaken is poor.

jonrock":lqxr42y8 said:
No repairs were done styleless so clearly confirms my opinions on this seller.....

He used my photos and description and didnt mention any problems..

Ebay did NOTHING about this!

J

Before everybody jumps to conclusions, seller only used your pictures, because, he couldn't get any better pictures with his own camera. I saw one picture in the advert, which the seller took and the quality was poor. So I can understand that he used yours.

Seller contacted me after he received the frame, so he dropped it in my paintshop. It took me some time till I had the correct colors, but finally everything has been solved, even the drip.

I'm not a forum person, but it's amazing to see, all these reactions from people. And the best thing is, that only 3 people had the frame in there hands. That's you Jon, Jack and me.
So how can they judge, about the state of the frame and paintjob....

I can only say keep up the good work. Colorwork is very, very good, also the paintscheme briljant, but invest some more money in gear, but you know what i mean... ;)

Theo :D

Theo thanks for this

Having spoken to jack a few times I did feel he wouldn't sell it until the faults were corrected so it's good to know that was the case afterall

some of us did see the faults through Jacks gallery which had pictures of the issues when he received it

It's good to know that that the new owner will have received it as it should have been in the first place

again thanks for the update

So why not silence the critics and add some pictures off the repair so we can judge for our selfs?

Latest posts

Back