Klein Rascal Gator 1993-finished

Re:

Now that's a blast from the past! I saw that bike for sale way back when I didn't know anything about retro bikes. Took a look at it, had Lawwill Leader forks back then. Didn't buy it because it was a bit small from me. It was literally the 1st retro bike I ever tracked down to look at. As you can imagine I'm still kicking myself!

Build it up and ride that baby!

Re:

Made some progress last night and today. Spent about 5 hours degreasing, T-cutting, clay baring and finally polishing the frame with great clean shiny results. Also swapped out the BB axle as it was 113 and I need a 125 for an XT crank, fitted new bearings too although old ones were fine but might as well.

Rims by the way are Campag Alfa XL dark ano.
Few pics.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 784
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 784
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 783
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 784
Re: Klein Rascal Gator

Been waiting. Look forward! Your on the same type of timeline I am on. Slow and steady.

Re:

I wish I could get on quicker but as I'm sure most of us are aware family and work can suck up alot of time!

I've made a little progress this week, bit of component cleaning and prepping the forks post powder coating and had to take a little material off the fork to mount the crown race.

Re:

At last, a break from long days at work so a little tickle of progress. Got the crown race to fit the fork on Friday evening but steerer needs a few more threads so currently at the LBS. Most parts cleaned up now, wheels and MC1 to go.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 584
Back