KLEIN PULSE STORM.......SOLD THANKS

futuristicoldman

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Heres a 1994 klein pulse storm in small with the rare and mysterious zip grip seatpost clamp.
Please dont confuse this pulse with the vast majority of pulses out there. This was the original pre trek version which is essentially an mc2 attitude with a standard 1 1/8" headtube and regular stem/fork. As far as I remember this was the lightest mtb frame that klein ever produced (please feel free to correct me if I am talking a load of fudge here!).
The storm paintjob was apparently a $450 dollar upgrade from the standard colour schemes (again, feel free to chastise me on this if I am wrong).
The zip grip seat clamp was a short lived beauty which was actually recalled and replaced with the standard slotted tube which was the traditional weak spot on attitude frames. The clamp is tool free and lovely on the eye but they can be a wrestle getting pins in and out, they also spin a little if you dont crank them up very tight, They are not great for 20 stone man mountains or those who run a dropper post on their modern bikes but for the race whippet that these bikes are aimed at they dont pose any problems. As they were all supposedly called back to factory they are a bit of a rarity so will generally appeal to the collector but may well put off the general cyclist. Personally they appeal to the mad inventor in me, I think its a shame they were not developed further
The frame is in sound condition but has spent a while in the burning sun so has a rather faded back end and has lost some of its vibrant colours, it also has its fair share of chips and scratches most of which are tucked away in less noticable places...Storm frames usually exist under glass and are handled by owners wearing white coats and protective silk gloves (so to speak) so its nice to have one that can be used for its intended purpose without much fear of marking the paint. I always find kleins that are not cosmetically perfect, tend to ride much better than minty ones, I always found the same to be true with minty colnagos on the road but thats just my humble opinion/cunning salesman banter......he he he he
There is a tiny wee ding from a brake lever on the top tube but you have to scrutinise it very closely to notice it.
Kit is as follows
Pulstar hubs on araya rm395 xc rims which run tight and true, the rims are virtually new condition with the lightest wear on the braking surface.
Irc kevlar tyres
Pace stem
NOS carbon bars
Odi lock on grips
Flite saddle
Syncros carbon seatpost
Xt rapidfire,rear mech, cassette, cantis
M900 front mech
Project 2 fork
Dont ask about the headset and cranks, they do the job but are non flash items.
As it stands the bike weighs in at 21lb 5 oz, with a decent chainset and headset it would easily come in at under 21lb.
Apologies as usual for the non flattering pics, I can get you some more detailled ones if needs be.
Brand new cables and cable liners
£699 pp gift collected or add £10 for delivery within mainland Uk (highlands or offshore Uk will be a bit more)
Hoping to get this sold so I can buy some xmas pressies!

PLEASE LOOK AT THE PICTURES FURTHER DOWN THE THREAD FOR SOME TYRE/WHEEL/PRICE OPTIONS AND DIFFERENT PHOTOS.
Ta

NOW SOLD THANKS

Attachments

• storm2.jpg
    storm2.jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 1,853
  • storm1.jpg
    storm1.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 1,852
  • STORM3.jpg
    STORM3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 1,851
  • storm4.jpg
    storm4.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,852
I have the original mag 21's that came with the bike which I can throw in if needs be, they have a very short steerer though (hence the fork swap).

Slight change of heart with this, think it was probably a wee bit dear so now £699 if collected or can post within mainland UK for £10 (northern Scotland or offshore UK will be a bit more).
Paypal gift preferred or you can fay their fees if you prefer.

Zip grip is a tool free seatclamp, you drop the post in and spin the rubber grip which tightens a collet and nips it up. They all got recalled as the pins dont drop but they do spin a little if they are knocked, They are arguably more collectable as they should not really exist, then again they dont work as well as a normal nut and bolt. As there is no slot in the seattube the frames are not plagued by cracks like many older kleins.
As it happens they do work more effectively with a carbon seatpost as the surface is less slippery.

I just stuck a pair of 217 ceramics with black wtb tyres and m900 hubs onto this, it transforms the bike into a far tastier machine, They are my favourite wheels but my arm could be twisted into selling them although it would bang £99 onto the price.
I also have some basic shimano hubs on mystery silver rims that I could supply the bike with instead of the pulstars, this would knock £100 off the selling price.......

Attachments

• p3.jpg
    p3.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 1,192
  • p2.jpg
    p2.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 1,191
  • p1.jpg
    p1.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 1,191
Back