Klein Pulse Comp 1996

waynemel

Dirt Disciple
I have in my possession a Klein Pulse Comp in near immaculate condition.

It was bought back in '95/96 by a gentleman through his insurance company after his Trek was stolen. On seeing this beautiful machine he fell in love bought it and cycled out of the shop that day. After a few rides in the future however (not a regular user) he decided that the race style frame was no good for his back so relegated the bike to his garage and went back to cars (BOOOO). There in his cold garage sat this wonderful machine ever since after riding less than 100 miles. Over the years many a thing was put on top of this magnificent beast and sadly it acquired a couple of paint chips ( :-( ). BUT............apart from a couple of paint chips the bike remained in brand new condition, as shiny the day it left the shop ( once the dust and cobwebs were wiped off).

Sad story I know but the story does get better ;)

Then one day the owner decided he was going to buy a new bike so he went to his local shop and picked out one that was perfect for him and paid for said bike. As he got talking to the shop assistant he discovered that the shop assistant had a thing for retro bikes and mentioned this to him. The shop assistant was very excited to hear the news of another retro bike and said he would be very interested in purchasing said Klein. So the nice man brought the bike in to the shop where the shop assistant gave him some money for the bike which was excellent as this helped get the price of his new bike right down.

The shop assistant then took the bike home and cleaned and serviced the beautiful bike and took her/him (what ever your perversion) out for a leisurely ride to show it off. Many an OOOh and Aaaah could be heard as the shop assistant cycled by but in the back of his mind he had this feeling that something just wasn't right and sadly he realised that the bike was just that little bit to small for him. After many days mulling over the pickle that was the size the shop keeper decided he was going to sell the bike on as it would just end up sitting in his garage watching all the other girls and boys (my wife's bikes and mine) go out to play and this was not how a machine of this calibre should spend its days.

So now this story is left in limbo waiting for a gallant hero to come and rescue the lonely unloved Klein, to love it and ride it as it deserves to be ridden and loved.

Spec as follows :-

Klein pulse comp
Deore Lx combi shifters and rear mech
Stx rc front mech and crank set
Matrix rims on a rear Parallax hub and front System 2 Components hub
Psycho TT rear tyre
Psycho - k/s front tyre
System 2 components flat bars
Klein grips
Answer Hyper ends
Rock Shox Quadra 21R forks
Stx canti brakes with original Shimano M65/T pads
System 2 components seat post
Selle sadle (did not come with one so just a comfy retro not very glamorous saddle)

Bike has seen less than 100 miles, all lovely condition, tyres are even mint.

Looking £500 but open to all offers and trades.

I am a specialized collector so any bikes will defo be considered ;)

Photos here on photo bucket

http://s1066.photobucket.com/user/wayne ... t=3&page=1

Back