Klein MC2

Re:

So regretting getting this bloody frame!!! The other Mantra Pro's I've seen have Manitou and Rock Shox, does this mean they all have custom steerers?

Re:

What forks do I need? We're all the steerers unique to the MC2? Sorry but I had no idea about this Mantra head tube! Could I fit the MC2 bats and use the reducer on the bottom?

Re:

RockShox has always accommodated Klein frames beginning with the Mag 20/21 and the MC1 frames. Basically while the rest of the world was using a RockShox fork with 1 1/8" steerer tubes out of the box, RockShox had to modify their fork with a 1 ¼" steerer to accommodate the larger head tubes of the Klein frames. The only difference between a Mag 21 or Judy SL that fits a "normal" bike and one that fits a Klein is the steerer tube. So...if you have a fork you want to use with your Klein, without using any head tube reducer kits, you just have to make sure the steerer tube is 1 ¼" in diameter. For a RockShox fork, you can look for a steerer tube/crown itself which regularly come up on eBay or here, or you can buy a whole fork and swap the stanchions and lower parts of a RockShox fork you already have onto the larger, Klein-compatible 1 ¼" steerer/crown. I'm not as familiar with White Brothers forks but I can't recall a Klein that was fitted with one. Probably not impossible but you'll either have to find a larger diameter steerer/crown or, as was already suggested, use a headset reducer kit that modifies the Klein head tube from 1 1/14" to 1 1/8". Hope this helps. Let me know if you're still interested in the MC2 and I'll forward you pics (it's in perfect condition - no scratches, scuffs, etc and hasn't been cut down).

Re:

Many thanks for this, I'll put the Whites back on my Pulse. Ping us some pics of the MC2 to simonhartop@yahoo.com as I'd like to get it as close as poss to the original build. I can't believe the amount of hassle a head tube can cause!!

Back