Klein Mantra Pro (sold) King headset/fork still available.

pkcain

Retro Newbie
Hello,

The time has come to sell my Klein.This was the last, true Klein design and is said to be Gary's daily ride still. A 1999 Mantra Pro medium in chameleon green/purple. This bike should fit best someone shorter than 6' in my opinion, I believe Klein says up to 6' but that is pushing it, I'm 6'1" and I feel I'm too tall for it.

I've ridden it on and off for the past years and it's mostly original, except:

Headset conversion to Chris King 1 1/8" to allow normal fork use. This is a special kit designed for this frame and it's perfect. I put a 120/140mm Bomber on it and it's great. If you plan on running strictly CC and prefer the original fork, it'll need new Klein headset bearings. The bigger fork makes the bike more versatile in my opinion and because of the original steep head angle the handling is still great with the new fork. You could put on a modern 80-100mm fork if you want to keep it more as intended. The original fork is functionally fine, but has been sitting for a couple of years so it might need some love. The rear shock is great, I always set the pressure in the spring and don't touch it the rest of the year.

With the new headset size comes a new stem and bars. RaceFace stem and LP composites bars with Ergon grips.

The original Thomson Elite post is included but I put on a longer Ritchey seatpost and a WTB saddle.

The wheels are the original RaceLite's with Chris King hubs. These are amazing wheels. I've only had to true the front once and the rear twice... once with some spokes replaced after a chain drop. The ceramic coating is good and will serve you for many miles to come. I've done the basic service on the hub periodically and the bike comes with King Ring lube.

Recently replaced the bottom bracket, chain, cassette and cables. The pivot bushing was replaced 2 years ago and it hasn't been ridden much since. The bike is ready to go but do understand that it's used and is sold as-is for obvious reasons.

Below is a link to a bunch of pics of everything I could find. There are no dents in the rear triangle, just some chips/scratches in the paint. The carbon has one scratch in the top that's been there since 1999, as shown, that got through the chameleon paint but not the 'KLEIN' paint.

If you have questions or would like some different/close-up pics, just ask. I haven't sold anything on Retrobike but I'm active on Ebay and have 60 transactions with 100% satisfaction. I put it here first, if it doesn't sell I'll either try Ebay or part it out. I am in Sweden and can ship anywhere at the buyers expense.

I still have the Bombers and the Chris King headset conversion for sale.

Thanks for looking.
Peter Cain
pkcain@yahoo.com
+46 708235367

https://plus.google.com/photos/11785561 ... aPrvObt-AE

Re: Klein Mantra Pro Carbon, XTR,1 1/8" King conversion,Race

Bump - changed to include shipping within Europe.

Hi,
Are you up for any swaps or cash only? (it´s more a matter of no more place than no more cash...)
I could offer a very nice Cannondale Scalpel/Fatty Ultra SL Frameset, some modern highend componentry or a 1993-ish Cannondale M1000 frameset - both framesets with cash on top on my end, of course...
Cheers
George

Thanks, but no use for more bikes (if that's actually possible?!...), I'm funding my (next) dream build.

Cheers,
Peter

Do you have a price in mind without the Bombers and maybe without the headset conversion? (so going original with MC stem and original forks)

Re: Klein Mantra Pro Carbon, XTR,1 1/8" (sold)

The headset conversion and Bomber fork are still available for £250 delivered. This kit replaces the original headset bearings with a proven King headset and has no stack height so it keeps a low profile. The fork and stem fit a medium Mantra perfectly.

Back