Klein Karma Elastomer's?

jeepers that is big , will have a check for you

what shape is it ? looks like a tube ?

Size

It's a bit like a sandwich... :?

Have a look at the photo above to have an idea of what it's like. I can also send you some more photos from different angles if that's of any help

Coming together...

The Klein's coming together, although still no luck with the elastomer yet... :(

I even tried Trek (twice) but they haven't even had the decency to reply to my request of help :x

Anyway, here's a photo to show where I'm up to... :cool:

Attachments

• Coming along - retrobike.jpg
    Coming along - retrobike.jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 853
Howdy, this is my first post on these forums. Coincidentally, I own the exact Klein Karma MTB that PACERC250T linked up above (The orange and black leaning against the white fence. Bought it just a few months ago via craigslist here in Los Angeles) and have been riding it quite a bit this summer. Great and cushy as a road bike, but as an MTB it'd prolly be lackluster for anyone who isn't a beginner. The rear elastomer suspension is still in good working condition, although my guess is it's more spongy/bouncy than it was when the bike was new.

Since picking up the Karma, I too have been hunting for a backup elastomer just in case the original bites the dust. Unfortunately, my hours of searching came up with zilch. If it'll help get something crafted, I can yank my rear suspension and take measurements/pix or something. Perhaps even find the proper stuff to make a negative mold (w/o damaging the current elastomer) and ship it to the crafter.

Anyhow, here's a couple other pix dug up when I'd been googling. Not of my bike, they're of a Pave model, but looks to be the same as what's on my bike.

Pave0019.jpg

Pave0018.jpg

yeh , its the size and the shape thats the problem , my supplier does them in all sorts of shapes , even triangular

but just not that size shape , was hoping to get one big square and shape to fit

not given up yet ;)

Slow response due to our being out of town, just got back in from our flight. Either tomorrow or at worst this weekend I'll yank the rear elastomer off my bike and get some measurements. Prolly just trace an outline of it from a few angles onto some paper, then scan the image.

RabidTreeMonkey":2k1hwir8 said:
Slow response due to our being out of town, just got back in from our flight. Either tomorrow or at worst this weekend I'll yank the rear elastomer off my bike and get some measurements. Prolly just trace an outline of it from a few angles onto some paper, then scan the image.

Great thanks! :D

More info...

PACERC250T":qzbc7n7w said:
RabidTreeMonkey":qzbc7n7w said:

Great thanks! :D

I've heard back from the elastomer company and they've offered to make one as detailed below:

Hi Pete,

Its hard to see what the elastomer needs to look like. We can make a
custom kit that is 4"x 4"x 1.5" with a .5" hole or solid? Will this work?

Thanks,

Jim

www.suspensionforkparts.com
P.O. Box 1001
St. Teresa, NM 8008

1-866-296-0058

Sounds promising :D

Another apology for not getting back with pix sooner. Got a viral infection thanks to either food we ate at the end of our vacation or else this rude lady on the plane who repeatedly sneezed on us (instead of her husband) without covering her nose/mouth. Ugh. Between that and work, been playing catch up ever since.

Okay, all that aside, I said I'd get on some scans of the elastomer, and I will. It won't happen tonight since got plans after work, and might take till Sunday, but dammit I will make it happen! Thanks for the patience. Will post 'em as soon as it's done.

Back