Klein Build

swebb5039

Dirt Disciple
Around 10 months ago i was looking for a project to work on, my uncle presented me with the idea of building up a 1996 Klein Pulse Race. I couldn't say no.

There are a few marks and scratches on the frame but nothing too bad.

We are still in the process of buying parts, I believe now all we need is wheels, a chain and cassete and brake/gear cables. I really cant wait to get this one done and ride it.

Attachments

• IMG_1365.JPG
    IMG_1365.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 2,569
  • IMG_1367.JPG
    IMG_1367.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 2,569
Re:

So things have moved on recently. We’ve worked out what parts we have and exactly what we wanted to do. The original plan was to build it up to a rideable standard then change it as we got used to it. But we have got some very cool and parts from my uncle (james1985) wich means more of the trial and error of finding parts I wanted had been skipped.

I’ll upload pictures tomorrow morning as it doesn’t work on my phone.

Re:

So Ive been meaning to upload some pictures, but ive had some problems with sizing, so ive created an external album for all the pics. Here is the link:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KFFicUDwmu9TMAys7

Its currently been setup with a 1x11 shimano slx drivetrain minus cranks. Mavic crossride rims, hope headset, Marzocchi bomber suspension fork, Panaracer tyres.

The chain and cassette are now fitted, only thing left to do is fit the rear brake cable. Then it's ride time!! I really cant wait for this. and I cant wait to race on it, will feel miles better than my carrera.

I resized a pic for you, looking good so far

Attachments

• Klein Pulse.jpg
    Klein Pulse.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 2,067
CTK":214u458t said:
I resized a pic for you, looking good so far

Thanks for that!
I can't wait to see it finished in person. It's been a long year waiting for it to be done but it's been worth it.

Re:

Would like to give a massive shout-out to james1985 for giving up some time to get the bike built and also givi g me great deals on parts and the frame.

Back