Klein Attitude Team USA 1991 - FINISHED

It would be funny to put mine aside yours… for the size (mine is a small 18").
You are playing basketball for being so tall !

for the rims : mavic M231 were great, and more easy to be found. hard anodized, silver or … actually rare ceramic !
An alternative but not correct period is to ind some more modern mavic ceramic like the 517. You remve the decals and you have some light, still dark after rides and timeless rims :LOL:

It depends if you want a "show bike" or riding it ;)

Welcome to the club! Where did you find it? It looks like it is in really nice shape. Don't settle, wait for the Syncros. :)

P.S. Do you still have your SE1000?

24pouces":1mo91xn9 said:
It would be funny to put mine aside yours… for the size (mine is a small 18").
You are playing basketball for being so tall !

Indeed. :) I´m 1,97 m. and was really afraid that size 22 won’t fit me anyway, but it does for sure.

for the rims : mavic M231 were great, and more easy to be found. hard anodized, silver or … actually rare ceramic !
An alternative but not correct period is to ind some more modern mavic ceramic like the 517. You remve the decals and you have some light, still dark after rides and timeless rims :LOL:

Thanks for the advice on the rims. I´ve been searching some NOS 231 CD lately but no luck at all. As I’m not in a hurry, I´ll wait until they show up somewhere.

It depends if you want a "show bike" or riding it ;)

This one will be, definitely, a show bike. ;)

ez054098":3etlnc02 said:
Welcome to the club! Where did you find it? It looks like it is in really nice shape. Don't settle, wait for the Syncros. :)

Now that you ask, I tried to buy your actual Team USA here a RB, but you were faster. ;) Luckily, a couple of weeks later, a German dealer relisted another nice XL team USA on ebay and I went for it.

ez054098":3etlnc02 said:
P.S. Do you still have your SE1000?

I wish I kept my SM1000 but sold it (silly) back in mid 90`s. :(

Re:

A little update after quite a long time since my first post in this thread. I´ve been abroad for a while so I really did not have the time for this bike.

After cleaning and polishing the frame I realized that the condition of it was far way better than I expected. Of course I found the typical scratches for a 23 year old bike which has been (gently) used but no nicks, dents or structural damages. And the colors still look really bright!

2dr9pgw.jpg

rkmyq8.jpg

2j635up.jpg

2mh8rur.jpg

I did not want to go for a catalog set up for this Klein, so even I decided to keep most of the XT parts, I also added some Ritchey, Syncros, Specialized and Ringle bits and a pair of Cook Bros cranks. All of them in black or silver, no ano this time. I think the frame´s colors are powerful enough to ad any anodized. IMHO, the Team USA paint scheme is too nice to be disturbed with other colors.

24yuzj9.jpg

330efdk.jpg

2s0h9b6.jpg

155tjpc.jpg

211tldv.jpg

1zx3w48.jpg

egs85l.jpg

24wrcbm.jpg

zogewx.jpg

You will obviously notice that the bottle cage bolts are missing. I am still looking for a decent painter in my area who will match the colors of the frame and paint the bolts accordingly. Believe it or not, this is being quite a difficult task.

Components:

Frame: 1991 Klein Attitude Team USA 22"
BB bearings: OEM Klein
Stem/bar: Klein MC1
Headset bearings: OEM Klein
Brake levers: Ritchey Logic
Brakes: NOS Ritchey Logic
Grips: Odi Attac (reissue)
Shifters: Shimano Deore XT Thumb Shifters 7 speed
Front mech: Shimano Deore XT
Rear mech: NOS Shimano Deore XT 735 short cage
Cables / Housing: NOS Shimano SIS
Rear Cassette: Shimano Deore XT Hiperglide 7 speed
Cranks: Cook Bros CBR with NOS ti bolts.
Rings: Shimano Superglide
Hubs: Shimano Deore XT
Rims: NOS Specialized BX 25
Spokes: DT Swiss
Tires: NOS Ritchey Megabite Z-Max 1.9
Skewers: Ringle Ti Stix
Seatpost: Syncros Hardcore 425 mm.
Saddle: Sella Italia Flite Ti (reissue)
Pedals: NOS Shimano Deore XT 735
Toe clips: NOS Zefal
Straps: NOS Zefal black/black

Thanks for looking.