Klein Attitude "team" Nightstorm finished!!!

Barnefield":2ak4gsuy said:
Wauw, die is mooi geworden Renzo!!! Complimenten! Zelf opgebouwd?

:shock: , that bike is beautifull Renzo! Compliments! Completely build up yourself?

Thanks Dirk,

But indeed, wheels group, everything (bikemechanic for almost 20 years so quite handy with bikes) ;)

And send you a reply on your wanted Syncros post.. I do have one! :cool: And i do like your Grafton re-entry's :idea:

Had to think a long time what to say about this Klein. Everytime I take a look at it, something doesnt look right. And it had to be something on the front end of the bike.

Apart from some parts of the build wich I think dont belong to the bike (but more on a 2011 bike) I found out it had to be the MC2 bar stem. And what it is, maybe that the lightbing goes upwards and that doesnt look right, or maybe the MC2 is just 'too much' painted.....

I think it;s a nice repaint (paintjobwise), some parts fit the bike really nice (the Paul parts), some parts just seem right and some are overdone.

So the build: the parts are chosen very well (as picturewise), the paintwork loks very nice but bit too much for me. But it's your ride, your have to ride it and the most important thing: you have to like it, you ride it and you dare to take your Klein offroad.

Cheers,
Martin

Re: Build spec

kleinrenzo":lft9nzrv said:
O and for the build spec wannaknows!

awesome Renzo! :D
nice built, beautifull repaint and very good paintworks, the sram/paul thumbies looks also very nice.

much fun! ;)

Martin":2bktt36m said:
Had to think a long time what to say about this Klein. Everytime I take a look at it, something doesnt look right. And it had to be something on the front end of the bike.

Apart from some parts of the build wich I think dont belong to the bike (but more on a 2011 bike) I found out it had to be the MC2 bar stem. And what it is, maybe that the lightbing goes upwards and that doesnt look right, or maybe the MC2 is just 'too much' painted.....

I think it;s a nice repaint (paintjobwise), some parts fit the bike really nice (the Paul parts), some parts just seem right and some are overdone.

So the build: the parts are chosen very well (as picturewise), the paintwork loks very nice but bit too much for me. But it's your ride, your have to ride it and the most important thing: you have to like it, you ride it and you dare to take your Klein offroad.

Cheers,
Martin

Hi Martin,

The build up maybe is a bit radical and not everybody's taste but i wanted the Klein to work as a proper reliable cross country bike with a touch of retro and if something brakes down or wares out to be replaceable in no time.
Used to ride Ringlé hubs (flange broke), Cook Bros cranks (broke) etc etc.. the Pauls for example do their job fine with the ceramic rims, the 10 speed cassette gives me load of gear choice.
I like thumbies but the Sram ones only work with race derailleurs otherwise there would be a XO mounted. Maybe next time will use campy 11 speed, who knows :cool:
The paintjob was chosen as i really really like the Team Storm on the first page and after so much bikes i've owned i like to go a bit crazy sometimes and after the choice in components it wasn't gonna be original anyway so i thought what the heck!! Go crazy for once in your life :LOL:

The thing about the stem never came to my mind, maybe because it looks different in real then on the pics, I don't know?

Have another project coming up which propably will be more time correct (at least 90's) so don''t worry, i do understand the Retrobike/Klein thing but this one is for riding and not as wallhanger!

Kleinkheide1.jpg

Back