Klein Attitude Repaint Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now this is the interesting part for me...

I have a Mountain Klein with a really cool three way fade which I want to save the paint on, but I've not been able to get a colour match at all!

So I'll be keen to see how you get on

The liquid aluminium was a good idea as a filler, good job!

Jonrock is a true artisan: Check out Jon's site for some eyeball popping work

However, my workman like efforts resulted in a basic colour match but what I couldn't get was blending the new with the original, so in practice no match at all on the bike! - As Jon points out the Klein shop used multiple colours - It looks what they did was spray a base then spray the other colours in varying densities over one another to achieve that movement and iridescence that Klein's have in the finish, then that gorgeous deep clear coat over the top

Yours looks like a couple of shades of blue and a green, but the bit your working on just look like it has the blues in it..?

What method are you planning on using to apply the paint?

Before i start painting the frame i decided to spray some test tubes to find the right color. This is what i have done today.

At first a white tube and some Klein logos:

tube_white.jpg

I sprayed some layers of color and added some clearcoat to save all.

tube_silver.jpg

Than i removed the letters and sprayed some more clearcoat to save them too.

tube_letter.jpg

And this is the result:
Above one of the test tubes and the frame i like to paint.

tube_frame.jpg

mixing_color.jpg

Haha! Something tells me you have done this before!

All three colours mixed bang on and sprayed in an excellent replication of the original finish in one day

If that's luck, buy a lottery ticket NOW :LOL:

Beautiful result

Ha ha top work, the Europeans don't piss about with some Holts dupli-color touch up stick from Halfords and bodge it on with some pound store brush.

Nice one.

Martin those results are amazing, of course

What paint did you use? And what was your application method? Air brush or commercial spray gun presumably...

Are you still doing a patch refinish of your frame or are you going to respray the whole thing as you are able to obtain/produce decals too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back