Klein Adroit Rainforest 1993

Rahbari":dddymm9j said:
I guess, I will go with the Mission Control unit with comfortable 120mm/15° rise as I - unlike most other Adroit owners - want to ride the bike regularly.
Good for you. Brilliant bike, brilliant project, well done!

Thanks, guys!

Have a 31,6mm Ringle Moby silver seatpost incoming to check out if it improves the look.

Also, a White Industrie Phantom Ti NOS front hub arrived today. I will get it laced to dark anodized Campagnolo Atek rims with DT Revo spokes. :) The matching rear hub is also incoming. Not NOS but freshly polished and with new bearings.

A mate has kindly given me his silver Ti-Stix skewers.

The plan is to get the MC1 to the painter in 10 days.

The most beautiful finish on the most beautifully finished bikes. Razor sharp handling in the tightest singletrack, too.

Wow. Lucky guy.

Thanks, Hugo!

At the moment, the frameset is with Cycleart. Gerrit will get my MC1 painted in rainforest. He is a trained car painter but specialized on bikes several years ago. Check out his site:

http://cycleart-berlin.blogspot.de/

Here is a (bad) pic of the current build:

large_Foto.jpg

Unfortunately, the 2.35 Klein tires look too fat on my black Campagnolo rims. Therefore I will either go with 2.1 Smoke/Dart blackwall (they look good) or take a wheelset with silver rims and use the 2.35 Klein.

By the way: I did not check on scales but the bike is just soooo light. I guess, it will be very close to 9,0 kg.

Yes, he did. The original colour could not be saved anymore. The pics on his website do not convey the nice yellow. At the moment, the Psyclone is with him as well to get decals and clear coat done.

Wow your friend has some great skills with his paint :cool:

I would agree those tyres look like balloon's all in black :LOL:

Great bike!

Niall.

Ouaow !
Spectacular mint shape for its age.
It is a jewel.

Rahbari, you are a happy man.

Congratulations from France
xbike

Back