Klein Adroit Rainforest 1993

Rahbari

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi guys,

after nearly two years of searching I have finally found an Adroit! :D

It is model year 1993, comes in the 1993-only colour "Rain Forest" and is Size M /20". It comes with the original forks; however the MC1-unit has gone missing.

This is how it looks in the catalogue (however, it was never available with white debossed decals and the stem with suspension):

medium_1993_klein_adroit_cat.jpg

This is how it looked prior to shipping:

medium_Foto_2.jpg

And here it is after it arrived from Asia in Berlin last Friday:

medium_DSC01522.JPG

medium_DSC01513.JPG

medium_DSC01553.JPG

After polishing the rare headtube badge:
medium_DSC01609.JPG

Here are the three main (visible) traits that set the Adroit apart from the Attitude:

1) Aluminium fork with boron/carbon layers (called "Strata" from model year 1994 onwards). Compared to the Unicrown fork of the Attitude the crown is smoother, the bottom holes have a bigger diametre and the fork is a bit lighter.

medium_DSC01518.JPG

medium_DSC01519.JPG

2) Two inch downtube with bumps around the bottle holders for increased strength. Bumps are made from alumnium, not Boron/Carbon as many think. The Boron/Carbon layers are on the seat- and chainstays, sometimes in the headtube.

medium_DSC01523.JPG

3) And - of course - the most gorgeous dropouts in the MTB world ever:
medium_DSC01554.JPG

The frame is in lovely condition: no cracks, no dents, shiny paint, hardly any scratches, bearings smooth, all eight screws (bottlehold, fork, seatstays) can be turned. However, the frame does exhibit a bit of fading as the early Klein colours are not that UV-resistant. Also, the original Mission Control handlebar-stem-unit is missing. I will get one repainted to match.

I will build it with a White Industries Phantom Ti/Campagnolo Atek black wheelset, Grafton Speed Controller brakes, Ringle Mojo cablehangers, 3x Ringle Ti-Stix, black Syncros 31.8 seatpost, Flite, Suntour XC Pro pedals, Klein Deathgrip tires, Klein Instinct grips and the rest XTR 900. If anybody comes across a 121-125mm spindle, I may fit the Grafton Joystix crank I had on my Attitude which is now sold. Here is a pic with a black wheelset so you get a first idea.

medium_DSC01600.JPG

I guess, I will go with the Mission Control unit with comfortable 120mm/15° rise as I - unlike most other Adroit owners - want to ride the bike regularly. The MC1-unit looks better once it is deeper into the fork.

Re: Klein Adroit Rainforest

Wow, not many bikes are such a perfect blend of art and engineering. Love it!

Looking good Johannes, I may have an axle, will check through them for that length.

Back