Kawasaki / Intense M1 for sale

Factory Jackson

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
For Sale

Kawasaki/Intense M1

Rare opportunity to own a very rare Team Frame.

IMG_3419.jpg

During the late 90’s a number of race teams used the legendary Intense M1 either under normal Intense livery or painted/decaled up under other manufactures names.

The Frame is a ’98 Team only frame that was used by the UK based Kawasaki/Intense team. There were 5 riders on this team; Ali King, Steve Jones, Paul Garett, Nibs Kellett and Nigel Page.

The frame for sale here was Paul Garett’s frame. This can be verified by the frame number stamped in the bottom bracket shell being ‘Paul G’. I have also spoken to Paul who confirmed this was indeed his frame.

When this frame came into my hands it was in a very sorry state. It had been (very badly) powder coated white and was very badly scratched. I had the frame professionally powder coated Kawasaki green then the additional paintwork completed on top of this solid base. Unfortunately due its nature the top layers will tend to chip rather easily. The rear end has been polished up as it was originally.
New decals were made by a Crawford at CCA Signs.
I have had the Fox RC shock sent to Mojo for a full service.
The bearing have also been replaced and run smoothly.

Frame Only £450

IMG_3421.jpg

I wanted to build the frame up as originally as possible within reason. The forks fitted are Boxxer 151’s. They also come with a Goldtech high rise top crown which has a slight crack in it, but does not affect its performance. These however could do with a service.

Wheels are Hope Bulb front and Hope XC rear. These are built onto Mavic 729s using DT Swiss Spokes. The Mavic 729 is the new name for the Mavic 321 as used by the team back in 98. On these are Tioga mud tyres, again of the same year. Hope QR to rear.

The Drivechain is made up of the following:
RaceFace Prodigy cranks.
MRP System 2 World Cup chain device.
DMR 38t Saturn Ring chain ring.
XTR Ti Cassette (8sp)
XTR Rear Mech
XT Right hand Shifter

Brakes are Hope M4’s. These come with Goodridge braided hoses. Plenty of life left in the pads. Front rotor is 205mm and rear 185mm.

Bars are Titec Ringleader and Stem is a Titec Hell Bent
RaceFace Real Seal Headset
Seat post is a Thomson Elite
Seat is a Selle Italia Flite with Kevlar reinforcement to the shoulders.

IMG_3422.jpg

Also included is a spare rear seat stay for the frame. There is a slight dent in the drive-side seat stay currently fitted hence why I have this replacement. The replacement stay also has bosses for rear v/brakes or Magura hydraulic brakes.

Full Bike £900

I am currently in no hurry to move this bike on but I am in need of more space in the workshop so please, no silly offers.

Please note that due to the nature of this frame/bike I would prefer that it is bought by and enthusiast rather than someone who would ride this piece of Mountain Bike history in the ground ;)

Any questions please feel free to ask.
Thanks
Chris

chrisj@foxeurope.com
07734 476 868

xizang":1qivce22 said:
Decals by Crawford :cool:

Nice bike, good price, no money :(

Yeah, Crawfy did a great job with them. Look perfect.

Interestingly speaking to the guys over at Intense about the original decals; they were actually all hand painted. Must have taken a while.

You guys don't think I may be letting this go for too cheap do you? :?

that is lovely! sensibly priced for what it is i think. keep it and stick it in this months bike of the month poll :cool:

Factory Jackson":32o7j5ky said:
The forks fitted are Boxxer 151’s. They also come with a Goldtech high rise top crown which has a slight crack in it, but does not affect its performance. These however could do with a service.

This type of comment in classifieds really grinds my gears. If a component cracks its because its been overloaded and is located in a high stress area. Telling people that its fine is just not on; its not safe and needs to be replaced.

This is just as bad as someone saying 'slight dent in downtube -does not affect performance' when the truth is that the frame no longer has any strength under compression and could just fold up in a crash.

/rant [/b]

Back