For Sale K2 5500 w/wo Spinergy

I’ve promised myself no later than 1994 🤣
But **** me, I remember these. I was riding an AMP B3 in 96 and then K2 launched this beauty 🥰

Someone buy it quick please!

mad! 😎
Remember when we used to say that?😂

I didn't even realise there was a proflex full carbon.😳

That is a *very* reasonable price for all of that!😨

I would like to add some info on this bike.

The bike has been used, so things are in need of TLC. It was raced on gravel races by a local rider here for some years, and he loved it. As you can see the stock M950 crankset was replaced with XT, we can assume it was ridden so much it was worn out.

It does need new bushings on the shock.

When I tried to turn on the shocks after I bought it and before putting it in storage, I seem to remember only one of the shocks was possible to turn on. This was several years ago. Don't expect well used 1998 electric bicycle suspension shocks to be working as new, please.

The frame is sound and absurdly engineered, which is why I kind of love having it and looking at it. I bought it to have it precisely because of the design, which is amazing.

Weight? I have no idea, but "not light", and not super heavy.I do not have a scale and will not bother going and paying money to get it precise.

I will do some measurements with a measuring tape.

Last edited:
mad! 😎
Remember when we used to say that?😂

I didn't even realise there was a proflex full carbon.😳

That is a *very* reasonable price for all of that!😨
It's thermoplastic, not carbon fiber in the way we know of it on modern bikes.
The main triangle is made by gluing and bolting together two molded halves, very cool.

Just checked the shocks and there are not batteries in there, and from a first glance there is no oxidation in the battery chambers, so from the outside looks there is no reason why the shocks should not work.

Back