John Samways 1992 Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Re: John Samways Formula One – Finished – Page 7

Giom6":2kbidgl2 said:
sinnerman":2kbidgl2 said:
Im really chuffed about this bike, and im confident its certainly in the right hands...! Legend.. :cool:

Cheers bud. Couldn't have done it without your help ;)

mate this ones all down to you, great work... :cool: And I suspect theres a lot more where that came from.

sinnerman":2t9wq42s said:
Giom6":2t9wq42s said:
sinnerman":2t9wq42s said:
Im really chuffed about this bike, and im confident its certainly in the right hands...! Legend.. :cool:

Cheers bud. Couldn't have done it without your help ;)

mate this ones all down to you, great work... :cool: And I suspect theres a lot more where that came from.

:cool:

We shall see ;)

2014 might start with a bump - hopefully :D

I know you might have/seen this already, but I thought id scan it and post it here for you... :cool:

Attachments

• s 001.jpg
    s 001.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 778
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 780
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 781
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 780

Hey guys, interesting thread and had to join the forum to add some comments as there seems to be a lot of interest.

I was interviewed at the Formula 1 factory for this very team and test rode this and their suspension bike protype.

My history was that I finished second, still bothers me after leading most the race, the 1991 Malvern Hills UK Championships whilst riding for Trek and missing out to Oli Beckinsale. A 4th overall in the UK BMBF national series. Good days.

I was a only just 16 at the interview and beat John the times we raced, only a couple, and was sad not to get a ride the following year as the recession hit and my original team Fusion (Bike UK) went Bust - Oli can be seen riding one (a Fusion) though on YouTube during a race. I am nowhere to be seen as hung up the racing pedals immediately but like to reminisce :)

Wow :shock:

Purely out of interest, do you know how much the frame weighs? Cant be very much

Sean :D

Had to post this on this thread, John Samways teammate Deb Murrell at the start of the Man V Horse V Bike race, Formula One in hand..... :cool:

Attachments

• Deb Murrell, Representing Formula One, at the Start of the Man V Horse V bike race..jpg
    Deb Murrell, Representing Formula One, at the Start of the Man V Horse V bike race..jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 637

Some Additional Info for the Thread confirming the Bike and its History. :cool:

And a little of John racing for Formula One at the Junior National Championships....., and a step back in time for many of us im sure..... :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brv6v7P88h0

Respect.

Attachments

• CARBON FIBRE E-STAY..jpg
    CARBON FIBRE E-STAY..jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 634
  • John Samways Conformation..jpg
    John Samways Conformation..jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 632
  • A young John Samways racing Aboard the Formula One -Newnham Park Plymouth 1992..jpg
    A young John Samways racing Aboard the Formula One -Newnham Park Plymouth 1992..jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 634
  • BRITISH BUILT CARBON FIBRE AND STEEL..jpg
    BRITISH BUILT CARBON FIBRE AND STEEL..jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 635

sinnett177":15calooa said:
Wonderful build, stunning result.

Thank you. It took a while :oops:

Still got a couple of tiny things to do, but I want to wait for some drier weather to give it a little try out :)

sinnerman":6mupuhm7 said:
Some Additional Info for the Thread confirming the Bike and its History. :cool:

And a little of John racing for Formula One at the Junior National Championships....., and a step back in time for many of us im sure..... :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brv6v7P88h0

Respect.

Thanks for adding these mate. Superb :cool: I don't know where you find them.

Great to see the price list there too, nice touch

Thank you :xmas-cool:

Back