Joe Waugh Reynolds 653 Rebuild - 57cm

jimthistle

Retro Newbie
Feedback
View
This Joe Waugh bike has been completely renovated by M. Steels of Newcastle. They did a stunning job of it and I bought it from one of their employees last year. Looking for £300 plus courier costs (around £26) or pickup from around Durham / Sunderland / Newcastle area. Sorry - I can't haggle with the price - it is what it is :) But I may be interested in a swap for something slightly smaller and more modern...

info(at)emersonphotography.co.uk

It has been modernised to an extent and it rides like a very fast dream...

Truly stunning dark metallic green paintjob. Just beautiful
Cinelli stem and bars with brand new, super-comfy grip tape
Shimano headset
Brakes, shifters and mechs all Shimano 105
Campagnolo Chorus seatpost with San Marco Rolls saddle
Mavic Open Pro rims on Shimano hubs with almost new Vittoria Rubino Pro tyres
Shimano Biopace chainset
White Shimano clipless pedals (the mountain bike type but who cares!)

No rattles, no bearing play. It really, truly hasn't seen much use since the rebuild but it has picked up a few small scratches and stone chips, as you'd expect as well as a bit of cable rub in the usual areas. There is a very shallow ding in the top tube where the bars have swung round. See pics - really not an issue. All in all, it looks fantastic, I keep up with my mates on their 2K carbon things and it's incredible value at £300. Only selling as it's very slightly too big for me - I'm 5' 11" and with the saddle at its lowest, I still feel just a touch stretched.

Small ding...

Re:

wheres the 57cm from and to? it looks pretty big to me…..do you mean you're stretched with the saddle as is in the pics or set lower? also, how long is the top tube?
cheers :D

Re:

It's 57cm from the centre of the bb to the centre of the top tube. Haven't measured the top tube but will do later today.

Provisionally sold pending payment but potential buyer has a few issues so may well still be for sale...

By stretched, I feel like my legs aren't quite long enough!

Back