Jeff Jones Titanium w/ Awesome Ti Fork

Love the frame...but I'm not convinced about the forks, although they do look better when you see them on a fully built bike.
But what is the point of the design?
What does it add to a 'normal' fork design?

scant":3nrmxtsc said:
Harryburgundy":3nrmxtsc said:
What does it add to a 'normal' fork design?

more compliant apparently..

When I had mine built by James at Black Sheep that's basically what I asked him to build. He made the front stutts curved rather than the straight ones on the Jones, removed the front triangulation brace and added a 20mm axle so that it tracks really well and the result is stunning - a rigid fork that tracks like a rigid fork but feels like an early suspension fork (ie a little bit of comfort giving flex, not the noodle like handling though!):

yvxsru.jpg

pete_mcc":3j80pdrq said:
Personally I love loads of his stuff, his attention to detail and his interesting tweeks like the 6 speed cassette, h-bars and the truss forks - just look at my modern bike for evidence. But I hate the way he's ended up with a cult following, that are by their fickle nature, transient, meaning that he could end up on the scrap pile way before he should....

I'd still love one of his earlier spaceframes, but can't be doing with the twisty new ones, strangely!

He was Gary Turner's right hand on the floor at GT back in "the day". Regarding the fork look...the look doesn't matter it's the funk-tion that matters in this case. Great stuff...functional art out of Ti.

Back