Jamis Dakota 1988 [FINISHED 30-08]

I don't get it, never had this problem before, the left crank hits the chainstay:

p4pb6764661.jpg
"

I've had this once with the right side, when the chainring hit the stay, but never on the left side :?
How is this possible, it is just a 175mm crank, so it should fit?

love it

I just love the build its a beauty will be a nice ride too with those thin stays
maybe you just need a longer spindle in the BB and as you have adjustable cups hang it out more on the non drive side ??

That is very nice. Like LGF's Overburys and my Sorcerer it just looks, right. It reminds me of my Holdsworth but in a usable size. Don't change anything for XT, just get some of the chunky XCD thumbies like these :
3DE20DCF-4D4B-4D41-88F5-0158D0306B54.jpeg

It will then be sweet.

Carl.[/url]

Looking good Jeroen!
I raced mine at Mountain Mayhem last weekend and really enjoyed it.
I had some headset issues, which were amplified my the rediculously rutty/bumpy nature of the downhill sections, but she performed well.
I overtook plenty of people rding modern stuff, which always feels good :D
The rollercams worked well, especialy given the muddy conditions.
I was wondering around one of the stalls in the arena when the announcer started talking about the red 80's Jamis he'd just seen and how amazing it was :cool:

Some pics...

CIMG0833.jpg

CIMG0924-1.jpg

CIMG0869.jpg

Jamis Diablo":1qoqimrj said:
Hey Mark, good to see this beauty getting used! :cool:
I really like the looks of your stem, I might go that way with mine.

Do you need a 7/8" (or 21.1mm) quill? My Dakota Comp did, and thats what lead me down that route with the stem.
I have a black Sakae 'swan-neck' 21.1mm stem here (that you may even have given me a while back :LOL: ) that you're obviously welcome to.
The twin-clamp stems tend to use 22.2mm bars, which is another issue!

Back