Isle of Wight retro ride!!! date is MAY 10TH INFO UPDATE

Looking forward to this one, alough the weekend before im riding 190miles into France on a charity road ride, so might not have recovered fully :shock:

looking forward to putting some faces to names, whats everyone riding?

i'm looking forward to this aswel, should be quite a few of us :D

i'll probably ride the 93 clockwork again like last time, or maybe the explosif

so what time can you guys get to the ferry port? it would be good if we could get the 10am ferry if poss, gives us a good headstart coz it takes half an hour. which means everyone being there at 9.30, to buy tickets and get bikes out of cars and assembled etc.

route wise i thought we wouldn't do the headon warren bit as they've recently chucked in some no cycling signs so i thought we'd go up the cause way and up on to the golfcourse then follow the tennyson trail till we hit the pub then rejoin it by a nother route and back to the ferry. when i rode this route it worked out at 27miles all in with the stop almost in the middle.

also @ russel, i'm really chuffed you are coming coz i seem to remember you saying you used to live on the island so you might have an insight into some trails that i don't know are there!

Less than 2 weeks now :cool:

I will be bringing the old faithfull Splatter Cindercone, is parking plentiful and hopefully not too painfull , and how much are we looking for the crossing.

Really looking forward to this,

I'm looking forward too. Bring my fav T the blue/red custom finish :cool: Any big main line stations that pep's are passing can pick me up from?? would be a great help :D :D

your best bet is to go to brockenhurst, nearly everyone will be passing it on the way. it's on the a337, worst case it is a 5 mile straight road to lymington with the ferry port sign posted very obviousley. or if you do get an early enough train if you swap at brock to lymington, the train then drops you off at the ticket office but a car pick up would be way quicker and possably more reliable.

i'd like to say i could definately get you as it wouldn't be to far out of the way but i'm not sure how many people will be in my car not to mention the bikes. i can get max 3 people and 3 bikes. will you be coming in in the morning or you coming down the night before? seem to remember that was previously mentioned as a possability.

i'm sure we can sort something out. but i'd need to confirm how many i'm bringing, could always drop them off and come get you.

@ g monster

parking i think is about £4 for the day unless we are in the overflow carpark which is basically a field, i think that is less. ticket price i think is £13 for a foot passenger day return.

there are munchies available on the boat but it's crisps, sweets etc although there is coffee etc but no actual proper food as such.

we will be offroad within 200metres of the ferry when we get off.

the pub stop will be the same as before, they didn't mind muddy boots in the winter so that is a good sign! and they should have the garden open by now aswel, and the food there was good, i'm hoping the 10am ferry will enable us to get to the pub stop in good time so we get to order with plenty of time and don't feel to rushed.

I can get to Portsmouth Harbour for 9.26. Have to get the 6.44 Waterloo and change twice :)

Back