Isis BB need help

Imlach

98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi,

Installing an ISIS BB on my surly but I can't get the drive side to go further in than shown in the image, feel like I have to use undue force. It threads on perfectly smooth all the way until it gets to the point shown. Do I just crank down and hope to get it in further?

Attachments

• 20220406_215811.jpg
    20220406_215811.jpg
    306 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Also I believe this bb works for both 68 and 73mm, am I right to believe that perhaps its not meant to go in further seeing as there's an orange line where it stops at?

Here's what I am using

68mm shell on your Surly?
BB’s that are compatible with both 68/73mm shells will typically need 5mm of spacers in a 68mm shell and no spacers in a 73mm shell.

The orange line is probably some type of thread adhesive.

It only comes with 1 spacer for the non drive side and there's a rubber ring round the non drive side as well.

I now tried it with the 1 spacer on the drive side, still doesn't get anywhere near. I tried using extra torque but after a while the spindle stops running smooth and starts sticking

Might be that one spacer is to fit on the drive side when you aren’t fitting an e type front mech or chain guide on a 73mm shell.

I’d say you need to get 2 x 2.5mm bb spacers.

Might be that one spacer is to fit on the drive side when you aren’t fitting an e type front mech or chain guide on a 73mm shell.

I’d say you need to get 2 x 2.5mm bb spacers.
I have additional spacers to fit to test but my concern is that that there won't be enough non drive side spindle once I add the non drive Cup

2 spacers fitted, I torqued it down as hard as I could and I'm a 300 pound fella but the spacers aren't even snug against the frame, I can move them slightly

Attachments

• 20220407_005241.jpg
    20220407_005241.jpg
    302.1 KB · Views: 6
Is this with 2 spacers on drive side and one non drive, or one each side?

Spindle will be fine on non drive side as it’s made to work with a wider shell.

Back