Is this right? strange bottom bracket issues..

I'm fairly certain that the UN-55 has been discontinued, you should still be able to find one with a bit of hunting, as mentioned above Italian thread BBs have a 70mm shell and two right hand threaded cups, so definitely won't fit!
it's replacement is the BB-UN300 which while listed in the correct size at Madison is currently out of stock.

benjabbi":1gp1cr10 said:
I'm fairly certain that the UN-55 has been discontinued, you should still be able to find one with a bit of hunting, as mentioned above Italian thread BBs have a 70mm shell and two right hand threaded cups, so definitely won't fit!
it's replacement is the BB-UN300 which while listed in the correct size at Madison is currently out of stock.

I`ve just found a brand new UN-55 73x122.5mm with British threads on Ebay...here`s hoping it`s ok..

Many thanks

Lee

Re:

Just buy a new one, they don't cost a lot.
if you can find one.

I can guarantee it is 73mm as all the tech docs for these bikes are available to read.
So I read the 1993 one as that seemed closest at a guess.

if you wanted to know the actual year then put some full bike pictures up and the serial number.
(quite sure we can get the year from the serial)

Re: Re:

FluffyChicken":2cgzr60g said:
Just buy a new one, they don't cost a lot.

I can guarantee it is 73mm as all the tech docs for these bikes are available to read.
So I read the 1993 one as that seemed closest at a guess.

if you wanted to know the actual year then put some full bike pictures up and the serial number.
(quite sure we can get the year from the serial)

Hya..yes I`ve ordered a new UN-55 in the correct size...many thanks

I contacted the seller who admitted he`s made a mistake in what he sent and it should be 73mm

Kindest regards

Lee

Back