Is this bike really in Titanium?

Re:

Those are definitely steel dropouts. I just bought Sandvik/TST frame. They are totally different. That looks more similar to my Columbus steel frame.

Re:

This is what one of my two look like. It's nothing like the one you've pictured.

file.php

Re:

Are you suggesting it’s a faux like this Yetii

Attachments

• C46F8B72-54E6-4CA9-AACE-901CBE73847E.jpeg
    C46F8B72-54E6-4CA9-AACE-901CBE73847E.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 183
I tried contact the DB customer care. They saw the pics and believe it is a titanium DBR, possibly '97-98.

Somehow, I am still dubious about this. The seller sounds honest to me, he basically says he doesn't know himself, but he is pretty sure that the bike is original and no stickers were changed. As a matter of fact, he thinks this is an alu bike.

I should try to find some catalogues from that years and verify, because the price would be great if it really was titanium.

Poporetro":22z917kx said:
he is pretty sure that the bike is original and no stickers were changed. As a matter of fact, he thinks this is an alu bike.

That’s one hell of a contradiction, and completely undermines any credibility he has (I’m not implying he’s knowingly dishonest)

Re:

From what he says, he got this bike from a family member, who, didn't change anything on the bike (for what he knows).

The thing is, whether he is knowingly dishonest or not, there's no reason to believe this is a titanium bike.

The guy from DB says it is a rare titanium bike, but can't even specify what model it should be andI can't find that particular color combination anywhere.

Re:

If the seller can take additional pics, surely they can do the magnet test? The pics show a cycle computer mount so there's probably a magnet on the front wheel.

Re:

I guess the only way to find find out either way is to buy the bike and see :)
But work on reducing the price obviously. It seems the only thing indicating the bike it titanium is a sticker on the frame.

Back