Is this bike really in Titanium?

Re:

Hi, guys, you see, I`m looking for a good bike which I could take anywhere, I asked my friend about which model could be the best one to buy and he said something like tvs jupiter, he also mentioned that those things are made of real titanium and may be quite expensive, but still are there any bikes like that and are they really from titanium? Cheers!

Re: Re:

GinyPik":1oitkjxg said:
Hi, guys, you see, I`m looking for a good bike which I could take anywhere, I asked my friend about which model could be the best one to buy and he said something like tvs jupiter, he also mentioned that those things are made of real titanium and may be quite expensive, but still are there any bikes like that and are they really from titanium? Cheers!

Got a stunning Merlin Ti for sale if your interested ;)

Re:

Ask him to post a short vid of a magnet as it ‘approaches’ the tubing. Ti is mildly magnetic but if its steel this will be confirmed by this action, as it quickly clings to the tubes, unless he’s shady. Its too much expense to risk a fake decal with the old excuse, ‘ but I bought it like that’, I cant believe it !

Re:

No. it's steel for one reason I can see in the picture : conic stays.
All titanium stays made by Sandvik are in classic cylindric tubing.
Conic stays are rare in titanium. Ancotech made some and you can find them on the Ibis Titanium frame or in Serrota.

Re:

I tried to ask for a pic of the dropouts, but can't see any welding from the one he sent me.

Attachments

• DBR Weld.jpg
    DBR Weld.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 222
Re:

I still think it's steel based on the pic. Looks like slight rust spots around the qr.

Re:

I agree with Ishaw.
On other hand, dropouts are far from Sandvik design which used some conic gussets, weld on the end of tubes before the dropouts. And dropouts should be bigger on a titanium bike

Back