Is this a 94 Specialized Stumpy M2 FS or? -- It's a rare 97

Gotobikeguy":1lz0imfr said:
Didn't they change to a bigger fatter gusset?

Yeah, the '98 gusset was a boxy looking thing.

So, '97 gusset, '97 serial and '97 decals. Think that's pretty conclusive! :LOL:

I wouldn't assume that your serial number has any bearing on the number with that paint-job though. Probably worth trying to dig a bit further before trying to value it.

Re: Is this a 94 Specialized Stumpy M2 FS or?

Pic of the '98 frame with boxy gusset for reference.

file.php

Re: Is this a 94 Specialized Stumpy M2 FS or?

firedfromthecircus":30nvwism said:
with boxy gusset

I knew a girl like that once. She was more vintage than '98 tho.

jimo746":cwdjs563 said:
firedfromthecircus":cwdjs563 said:
with boxy gusset

I knew a girl like that once. She was more vintage than '98 tho.

:LOL:

Gotobikeguy":cwdjs563 said:
I'm not sure where to go to research further. Anyone have any suggestions? or specific post links?

Now you know it's a '97 for sure it means you can ask more specific questions.
If nothing else comes up on here then you could maybe brave MTBRs vintage section and try some of the Facebook groups as well.

Thanks firedfromthecircus! I don't see anything on MTBR's site. A few questions to try and nail this down.

- Does anyone know if there are any good UK sites that may have team race photos from 97 or 98?
- Anyone have an idea if "S4M" from the serial number refers to anything?
- Do you agree that the green looks like the Dew Green ...a 97 trial run for the color 98 Dew Green?

Thanks everyone

This baby is up for 3 day auction now. Since we cannot determine its rarity with no comparisons, the opening bid is $1700 USD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/173733812380

Thanks for everyone's help getting the year and all.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Gotobikeguy":885k6o65 said:
This baby is up for 3 day auction now. Since we cannot determine its rarity with no comparisons, the opening bid is $1700 USD. https://www.ebay.com/itm/173733812380

Thanks for everyone's help getting the year and all.
$1700? :roll: You're dreaming. I know you have some idea that you're sitting on a goldmine, but really, you're about $1300 too high.

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Back