Is it just me, or is this bike really sexy?

I'm not too interested in the gears etc, more the colours and different materials!

I am really looking for a colour scheme for my boys new Raleigh, it's 30 years old and in dire need of a re-spray. He wants yellow, I want green.... I expect he will get is way!!

Cons:
No gears
Straight fork
Tyres too fat
Tyres have black sidewalls
Gold rims????

Pros:
At least it's got two brakes
Nice horizontal top tube
A colour that's not just white with black stripes!

Sorry, doesn't do it for me

GunterP":1aktyqhc said:
I'm not too interested in the gears etc, more the colours and different materials!

I am really looking for a colour scheme for my boys new Raleigh, it's 30 years old and in dire need of a re-spray. He wants yellow, I want green.... I expect he will get is way!!

Why don't you show him a "sparkle" green with metallic flakes in the paint. They do look rather nice and should give him the special bling factor he appears to want.

Something like this:
http://totalblastservices.com/wp-conten ... SC0010.jpg

Re:

If the wheels matched, the toe straps went, and the chain ring didn't look so 'industrial', this would be fine by me.... :mrgreen:

one-eyed_jim":16p6oi5d said:
Muddy paw":16p6oi5d said:
Oh dear it's not got any gears ...
stuckinthenineties":16p6oi5d said:
Personally i wouldnt like to ride that without gears where i live ...
Hub gear, innit. See the shift lever in the bar end?

So i see i hadn't noticed due to them being hidden but personally i prefer my gears so i can get them if i need to ..

Do like: Frame colour, forks, leather grips.
Do not like: Bars, gold rear wheel, gold front hub, chainring.

Personally, British Racing Green does it for me far more than any grass/lime/flouro green, no matter how many sparkly bits you put in it. On the other hand, it's bike for your kid. He should get to choose, although I'd steer him away from yellow; if nothing else, it's a bastard to spray as you end up with insects stuck all over it as it dries. Don't ask me how I know that.

Back