is a 1990ish Kestrel 200 considered retro enough here ?

I was a bit surprised at the amount of play I had but got it to within 1mm at the seat post and the rear dropouts.

the excess glue has been cleaned off and its ready to be laminated with fresh carbon , it will rely on a mechanichal bond only (resin adhesion) to the old carbon

Attachments

• bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 556
new carbon UD and Twill weave were laminated today . there is also some sacrificial fibreglass to sand , the taped up tube was put back in to keep resin out of the Bottom Bracket threads and beige peel ply was applied to smooth it all out . I originally was going to vacuum bag it for 14psi of compression but one of my suppliers told me i need more resin in the laminate as i only have mechanical adhesion of the patch

Attachments

• 449.jpg
    449.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 525
Re:

Wow !

What an interesting thread . It's nice to see new techniques on this forum , well done :cool:
And '90 something is definitely retro enough , which is fortune as most of my bikes are !

Mike

i have to say this is only getting repaired as I have some personal history with this actual frame , I would not think it was worthwhile to pay somebody else to do it

Back