iPad 1st gen

Re:

Nexus was on my list, but the screen size of the old ipads appeals to me. Will need a more hands on approach i think to really see for myself. It'll only really be for web browsing and kids play.

Re:

I had the 2012 nexus 7
Great thing, technically I still do have it but a visit too the floor killed the screen. My fault and one of them smallest of drops too. Its taken much more before with the kids.
Kids games work well as well as the cbeebies app.
Web browsing is fine given you have whatever browser you want and always the latest Chrome.

As mentioned refurbs are less than 100 quid on these. Try get the 32 over the 16 if it for the family.
You can each have your own account and the kids a restricted account if you want.
On any android device also download the Amazon app store as you can get loads off the free app of the day.

But try them out, not sure what the 10" devices are at but I've got a Toshiba Exits Pro. A silly high res device with a high speed processor in it. For general use I would recommend it but for hard processor use I wouldn't, while extremely fast it needs to throttle and they've not done it as well as they could. Powering the silly high res screen doesn't help it.

Kids and wife love it though. Was only 180quid or something of Amazon in a deal. Hukd is a often nice place to see current offers on these things.

Still go play on them, I pads do just work and you know what you're getting. You're just tied into them a bit more and no chance of budget devices.

Re:

Just buy a iPad there mint. Takes a battering absorbers beer does wot it's supposed to even makes u luk smart wen it spells reet for u. Mines a iPad ninja 67 with uber fast onsey clobber.

Like I say fool fail proof n hardy and they even do weird shit wen ur in bed. ( ie all bank details passwords maden names the lot it stores em )
Luv em :cool:

I have an iPad 2 and a 2013 Nexus 7. The iPad 2's screen is not high-enough resolution for reading comfortably, the Nexus has an amazing screen which is pin-sharp.

I prefer the app choice on iPad, but for media consumption the Nexus is very, very good. I do a lot of long-haul business travel and I watch iPlayer on the Nexus on preference to airlines video these days. The ability to keep the storage clear of music by keeping it in USB OTG storage helps.

hmmmmm, i might come unstuck with the app choice bit. although im not ven sure i'd like my kids to be completely happy using the tablet for entertainment purposes! would rther they hated it a bit so they didnt become obsessed with it. so maybe the Nexus is te way to go......certainly seems so budget wise.....

Back