Bike pricing disparity.

^^ This appear to be the one and only post from what links to an Indian IT company. I reckon this is spam.

FluffyChicken":1q1htjtb said:
At which point it's classed in law as a motorbike and you start to give e-bike a bad name.
You can't use it off-road on public bridleways and you can't use it on the road without the usual motorbike things. It's the benders that will cause a crackdown on these things, if not a banning of them off-road.

Too right. My local singletrack has been totally destroyed over the past month by people riding hopped-up ebikes. :x

I agree - although I haven't seen any souped up ones off road, I've seen a few on my local cycle way. Usually some fat bloke bombing past at 40mph. My 250w folding ebike gets me where I want to go and quick enough.

dyna-ti":1z7akujm said:
^^ This appear to be the one and only post from what links to an Indian IT company. I reckon this is spam.
So err which e-bike is in the potential line up now. It's been a good few weeks..

FluffyChicken":1dhlhv9r said:
dyna-ti":1dhlhv9r said:
So err which e-bike is in the potential line up now. It's been a good few weeks..

Still trying to justify the astronomical cost. I have the funds to buy about anything, up to about five thousand, but I keep looking at things like a big bandsaw and other professional woodworking machines, or the 70 quid a pop chisels that I could never quite afford, given i'd need about 10 of them.

You can get a cnc mill for the same price as the Scott axis i was originally looking at, or a professional engineering lathe in comparison, though for me, wood wise, a big panel saw, planer/thicknesser both would last you 40 years easy, and i doubt an ebike, no matter the quality would extend that far.

But if i do finally decide to get one,to answer your question, I'm currently looking towards Cube, as they appear to be the best bang for the buck.
I still like the idea of a full susser, but also can appreciate a hardtail, especially if im just going to use it for transport, or shopping, given its a bit lighter and would as such impact less on battery and ergo increase the range.

Maybe I'll wait a bit, see if anything comes out with a 1100+w battery as a standard set up, rather than a bulky add on :?

Re:

Longer you wait the more expensive they will get. And to be honest £5k is cheap now isn’t it?

However (in the nicest way) what I will say is that the thread screams of someone who truly isn’t comfortable spending this amount of money on a bike.

My mate always said to me “don’t buy anything that you couldn’t buy twice”

Wise words.

It reminds me of a friend I had back in the 90s. He wanted to buy a PC but the spec he wanted was always a few hundred quid above what he was prepared to pay, and he wasn't prepared to pay spend what was a sizeable amount of money on the PC spec he could afford. He never did buy a computer back then.

Me, I calculate how much my free time is worth - and never spend more than 10% of a purchase price on deciding. Also once I buy something, I never "look at what I could have had". I also consider the price per use.

The balance is that there is no way I'd spend £5K on an ebike unless I knew I'd get near daily use out of it for 3 years and there was no other way I could ride a bike off-road anymore. But I would consider setting a budget of £1.5K and seeing what I could get secondhand/building my own.

Back