Intense M1 build-FINISHED!

Re:

Hmm I hoarded a few sets of Easton EA70 Monkeybars in 25.4 flavour before 31.8 took over completely so I might have something to suit you -what rise were you looking for, low medium or high?

Re:

Apologies, I need to go into the mancave and dig out the boxes of bars to find them, will try and do it tonight/tomorrow.

Re: Intense M1 build

Okay checked last night on EA70's with 25.4 clamp diameter-
2 pairs of medium rise uncut, very good condition I think just shop soiled as these were the last sets available (may have fitted one pair - I honestly can't remember)
2 pairs of medium ride cut to 26"
1 pair of low rise cut to 26"

pm me if interested, would be looking for something like £20 each for the uncut pairs and £10 for the cut ones, but would have to sort out postage costs as well as bars being long can be expensive to post.

Re: Intense M1 build update

So a few changes from my first initial rough build changed the bars and seat post to easton, found a titec berserker seat in the cave,xtr short cage mech, durace 24/12 cassette, went for the 12mm bolt through as this was the set up of the hope bulb
mounted the discs but needed +20 adapters as my callipers are no.3
all cable and chained up, my hope endure 4's where completely shot, currently having a full strip down and rebuild

Attachments

• Full bike.jpg
    Full bike.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 662
  • front disc.JPG
    front disc.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 662
  • rear disc.jpg
    rear disc.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 662
  • mech.jpg
    mech.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 662

Looking good - personally I'd try and hunt down some crowns from 2006 888's to lower the front end a tad. The early 888's were long and not helped by the drop crowns.

My old Demo 9 must have felt like something from American Chopper with those forks, drop crowns, a 10 degree rise stem and 50mm rise bars. My current demo 8 front end feels high with flat crown 888's, no rise stem and flat bars. Things have certainly changed since I was last playing around on big bikes!

Thanks for the positive comments, really wanted to fit Manitou Darodos, but couldn't find any in good enough nick, these 04 888's came up from this forum actually, in excellent condition, jus stripped the legs n re-stickered them, they are tall though! It's been a while since I've ridden anything so bouncy!! :twisted:

Re: Intense M1 build FINISHED!

So its been a few months and finally got the Hope E4's fully rebuilt and fitted, they needed new callipers and seals! :facepalm: they are now fully sorted, had to put new bushes on the 5th Element, the M1 is ready to rock!! I've been out for a quick spin and its bloody heavy (44lb :shock: ) but not done any proper gravity work yet, even found my old Bell Bellistic helmet, bit gutted its finished actually as I've enjoyed building it, next!!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 530
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 530
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 530
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG