Integrated bars

Kaufman

Dirt Disciple
I want to change the bars on my bike. They are integrated and shaped around the spacers beneath.

Will any integrated bar go on this bike? Does one just make fit with new spacers that are compatible with the new bar?

Depends on the cable routing system. Some bikes use snazzy shaped spacers to run the cables through, but the actual steerer is the same as many other bikes underneath. The Giant Defy is like this on some model years. So, it might be possible you can swap to an alternative system but the cable routing is not pretty. Can you post up photos and the bike make, model and year?

Depends on the cable routing system. Some bikes use snazzy shaped spacers to run the cables through, but the actual steerer is the same as many other bikes underneath. The Giant Defy is like this on some model years. So, it might be possible you can swap to an alternative system but the cable routing is not pretty. Can you post up photos and the bike make, model and year?
Hi
Thanks for reply. It’s a 2022 Ribble SLR . Picture attached, but I know what you mean. It is that top shaped spacer that is throwing me as is so flush with the bar. However I could use any normal round spacer to get the tension. Might not be as aesthetically pleasing as now but I need wider bars.

Attachments

• IMG_1698.jpeg
    IMG_1698.jpeg
    358.9 KB · Views: 22
You'll probably need to find a stem system from a brand who makes a compatible top cover for your frame. It might just be easier to buy the same again from Ribble, so you can use the same spacers etc.
Otherwise, Acros and Deda both make headsets for internal cable routing that just let the cables pop out of a hole at the front, then you can just use conventional round spacers, stems and bars.

I didn't like the integrated bar that came with my basso so i removed it and replaced it with my favourite easton one. I just bought an acros top cap with holes in and rubber grommets to channel the cables into the head tube. Cost about £12 and works a treat.

I bloody hate internal cables, but i do love this bike.

Attachments

• 20230916_153319.jpg
    20230916_153319.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
assuming a standard spacer will fit I see no reason not to print up a surround to it. Whilst I'm not as posh as you guys with this style of intergration I did print a 5mm surround so I could slam the stem on my bike, glued to the normal aluminium spacer it works nicely.

I didn't like the integrated bar that came with my basso so i removed it and replaced it with my favourite easton one. I just bought an acros top cap with holes in and rubber grommets to channel the cables into the head tube. Cost about £12 and works a treat.

I bloody hate internal cables, but i do love this bike.
i am digging' that fsa stem 👍🏻

And so i got totally suckered into using an integrated bar again. Basso did a recall on the integrated bar/stem that came with bike and so offered me a full carbon Levita combined bar and stem. I couldn't resist, but honestly what a sh*tshow that was to set up - and i work as a bike mechanic. This really makes no sense until the madness is complete and wifi gears AND brakes take hold. Looks really nice though.😁
20240313_191920.jpg

Back