Info about a frame with Ritchey dropouts ?

Again, not Rocky. last wishbone was 1992, frame serial dates to end of 1994 aka 1995 model.

wishbone Rocky's where custom serials or Ixxxxxxx...

bike-tech used the same design at after rocky stopped using it, dates I do not know. ask the Germans they know better.

I think Rock lobster may have also used it and I know Muddyfox used it possible the same as bike-tech frames. I do not know dates for these either.

who else used it after Rocky moved to fastback in 1993 I don't know.

doctor-bond":1o2q7r9f said:
That's got Ritchey written all over it.

yess i also was thinking that it was a Ritchey , but if you google and look for the Ritchey models al over the years they don't even come close to this one.
It's because some frame builders used Ritchey dropouts for their frames.
Not a easy one this but i have the feeling were getting closer and closer :LOL:

work out who else used Tokyo frames and you're halfway there.

as for the cable hanger it's a common ones, used regularly on Orange frames

doctor-bond":41hs3zns said:
That's got Ritchey written all over it.

I quit MTBing around 1993 to 2000 so I only know the old Richeys, P series, and the 'Ritchey' bikes imported into Canada. Is there a style I don't know about, as the above frame doesn't look like any of those (genuine question!)?

FluffyChicken":3rbutc9f said:
work out who else used Tokyo frames and you're halfway there.

as for the cable hanger it's a common ones, used regularly on Orange frames

A quick image search shows that is was on my Orange Clockwork from 1990. What a sad thing to remember :D

my vote is that it's NOT a Rocky, although it has similarities to early 90s RM wishbone frames.

Is it just me or is there a very unusual indentation of the lower portion of the down tube where it meets the head tube. have a close look at the reflection on the tube junction and the line of the weld. why would someone weld a dented tube into a frame??? :?

if it's been done on purpose, perhaps that's a trait for some brand/maker that can help ID the frame.

dscn4105f.jpg

What does the bare frame weigh? That may give a clue as to the quality of the steel used. It does look similar to early Oranges, but the drop outs suggest another brand?
You think it is Titanium? A magnet will soon indicate this, if it doesn't stick to it. :p

He knows it is steel
It is not an Orange, that is just the canti hanger we are talking about. They didn't use this offset top/stay setup and they used Axxxxxxx frames (a-pro as far as I know)

Hi

Just out of Interest does the Bottom Bracket have a FS stamped on it at the back ?
Looks similar to a frame I have which i am trying to work out which make it is

Back