Independent Fabrication

Harryburgundy":2tgqj6jw said:
You were right to feel something wrong Mark...so did I but I thought £800 is what the frame is worth after some (a lot) of tidying and new decals. The whole thing was filthy and much worn out. Described XT components are LX...that kinda thing. Annoying. But I have an IF Ti Deluxe :)

£800 was exactly what I was going to buy it for. I'd even gone so far as to request his paypal address so that I could send over a deposit. Like you say Carl, the frame is worth every penny of that once it's been spruced up a bit. Unfortunately, spending £800 on buying it would have meant that I wouldn't have had any money whatsoever to replace any bits which needed replacing, and therefore would have meant that I'd have got fed up with it and sold it on :roll:

That being said, if you ever fancy a swap for a Scott Scale Ltd ;) :LOL:

Re:

Initial clean. Dirt removed and most of the glue residue and grease.
Fortunately only damage is to the paint and not to the frame whose ti lovelyness is waiting to be exposed!
Thing green/white decals

I've ridden with the original owner of this frame/bike once or twice, he is friends with a few from a group I ride with. His is known as ASBO (Mark) it was custom made for him to take long travel forks - so it might be worth checking the geo before deciding on fork length.

I did hear he was thinking of selling.

Back