Independent Fabrication

Well...that was a nervous purchase considering the pictures and lack of detail from the not very communicative seller.

Arrived today. My intention was to strip and flip the components and hopefully keep the frame for a slow build (money too tight to mention). Not sure that will be the case now as the components are pretty :-( but we'll see.

No dings to the frame but the paint has too many chips and rub marks...back to ti and new decals from IF. I'll take some before and after pictures.

Now then...what shall I attack the paint with?

Re: Re:

Barneyballbags":7fyfxdjz said:
raidan73":7fyfxdjz said:
Not really, but I'll register interest for the IF when you get bored of it ;)

:LOL:

Speak to you in a month or so then! :oops:

I reckon this is still relevant ;) :LOL:

+1 for pics

Re:

I very nearly went for it but something about it made me change my mind. I don't know what it was and I'll more than likely see Carl riding around Penarth on it now and immediately regret not buying it myself! :oops:

Barneyballbags":33q7hb05 said:
I very nearly went for it but something about it made me change my mind. I don't know what it was and I'll more than likely see Carl riding around Penarth on it now and immediately regret not buying it myself! :oops:

Wondered what happened there. It was a strange listing. Did you get more pics in the end?

Barneyballbags":7gmwlydq said:

What were you going to offer? I was expecting this to go a bit higher.

You were right to feel something wrong Mark...so did I but I thought £800 is what the frame is worth after some (a lot) of tidying and new decals. The whole thing was filthy and much worn out. Described XT components are LX...that kinda thing. Annoying. But I have an IF Ti Deluxe :)

Re:

Lovely rear dropouts. The paintwork doesn't look awful but maybe that's the bath water :)

Back