incomplete Chris king rasta h/s bin £17

TALK ABOUT FAST POSTAGE! got my king h/s this morning and some great news last night

one of my friends who rides bmx has donated me the entire bottom half of his chris king as he uses a primo sealed bottom cup for strength!!- it is in red though so i will only be able to use the internals but im super made up with that :D

just pressed the cups into my cindercone now and its looking good, cant wait for mike to come round tonight with the rest then plug my forks in ;) :D

Attachments

• rastafarian.jpg
    rastafarian.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,408
Superb news, glad the chip pissing was doused by the ketchup of good fortune!

pete_mcc":lm25epmj said:
Saw that and thought....

£17 for headset plus

$35 for the lower bearing
$10 for the lower race
$18 for the top cap
$2 for the scuff washer

so at least $45 to get it working, or $65 to get it as per a new one on top of the £17 for the headset.

Not such a massive bargain (not that I'm wanting to piss on any chips here)

EDIT: Forgot the $7 for the snap-ring and seal kit to hold the bearing in, and I'm not sure that even Aspire sell the headset bearings seperately so you may have to send it off to get it replaced which will cost more. Bromley Bikes used to be the importers, maybe they have some spare bearings and bits, or Chainreaction seem to have a good selection

I have to disagree on the prices
Sure these are new prices but a little hunting and you'll get the bits for a fiver each
Elite 504[on here] does king caps for a fiver :D
And im pretty sure ive seen bearing races for about the same

Ignore this lot ,they're just green that they missed it [i personally ,am sick about it :LOL: :LOL: ]

I have to disagree on the prices
Sure these are new prices but a little hunting and you'll get the bits for a fiver each

I have never seen a king bearing come up for sale second hand, let alone for a fiver! Same with the bearing snap rings and the king base plates Ive seen all go for £8-10). I'll agree that the top cap can be bought cheap though, but this all acedemic as the fella got a top result!

lol now im thinking i should have bought it and then resold it on here :)
dont really see it as a bargain tho, i thought it was an ok price that somone might like.

theres a shop not too far from me called winstanleys that do spares but they are expensive, im glad my mates a heavy bmxing mofo and needs a tough bottom cup or my wallet would have been crying for its mother!

Back