Incoming modern steel salsa p9 Gone

Re: Incoming modern steel salsa p9 done ish

Black grips incoming. Keeping stem. Soooooooooo nice to look at. Stay protector a bit meh. Scalpel will tidy it up. Cutting steerer was fun.

366dcd71215e47bc81382de86a13a0f0_zpsmlkct4xc.jpg

Re:

Hoo flipping ray!

It's finished!

Must be your prettiest bike. Not that there's much competition for that accolade! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Mate

Got to add the wink and mate, don't want you to be offended ;)

Mate

Do you think that mech cage is long enough!

I have no Idea. Wysiwyg. Not even sure how many nuts got. 30 I tink.

Yep that rear mech does look rather low :shock: but other wise this bike looks gorgeous ;) ..

First proper ride. Very very nice and light, well for me anyway. Bought some digital luggage scales 12.6kg. I thought that was pretty good for a humongous steel 29er.

Rides like a much shorter smaller bike. Top tube feels shorter than my other 29ers. Very responsive but not twitchy. Brakes were not as sharp as hydraulics but bedded in to give a reasonable progressive feel.

Snapped the chain. My bad i think. was fitted with an old 7sp extractor. Didn't have a quick link but did have a tool so took, my time, sat in the woods near my gate and took the link out. I reckon this could make the hardtail cooker redundant as i didn't miss the RC30 forks but did notice the lack of weight on the steering.

Drool

Close up for super-drool. That frame set is absolutely gorgeous.

After the rough downhill we went up on the HONC (through the woods) to MY GATE

Who needs boing?

Came back spattered in mud and sheepness. Grinning like a loon. A real contrast to the first ride on the Zaskar.

Back